“GIVE IT A TRY!”
Review of CVI.CHE 105

CVI.CHE 105
Reserve with OpenTable
CVI.CHE 105 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 4,395 Restaurants in Miami
Good for: Families with children
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: CVI.CHE 105 is a nine-year award-winning Peruvian restaurant located in the cosmopolitan city of Miami. Known for their vast selection of creative and unique ceviches, amongst several other traditional dishes, CVI.CHE 105 has risen to represent Peruvian gastronomy in one of the most important destinations in the United States, conquering the most demanding palates locally and nationwide.
Reviewed January 15, 2013

If you have never tried Peruvian food before, give it a try. The staff was very helpful in explaining the dishes. The food was fantastic. The only negative is that it is so popular you need to go early or plan on waiting a while for a table.

Write a ReviewReviews (3,454)

Reviewed January 12, 2013

My wife and I decided on a whim to try this restaurant, it looked busy and popular for a Wednesday night at 18:00h.

This was the first time we had Peruvian food and we were excited to try something new and exotic. The place was busy but not completely full, clean modern decor and quite noisy with all the people there.

Our waitress was a little intense, we felt that she almost hijacked us into eating something that we didn't originally want. We also got pressured into ordering a Pisco Sour ($10), kinda overpriced in my opinion.

I was told ceviche was a traditional food with raw fish. I'm a big time sashimi/sushi lover and thus, I chose the "Ceviche Seafood Orgy / Ceviche Orgía de Mariscos" $13.95 - Mixed, marinated, raw seafood swimming in Tiger milk. Plenty of texture and flavor to ensure sensations we should not even tell.

My wife went with the "Rice with Chicken / Arroz con Pollo" $7.95 - A Peruvian icon, rice with chicken fragrant with touches of fresh coriander, made to be desired by everyone.

We were given a cornbread appetizer to whet our appetite.

The chicken arrived first, it was not bad and my wife felt the rice had a unique flavour to it.

The ceviche was slightly spicy and the only thing raw was one type of fish, the rest of the dish was pretty much cooked squid, octopus, and shrimp. Well, I wasn't really impressed, the dish was not bad, but it wasn't anything special. I guess my expectation of various raw seafood to be in my dish were not met. At this restaurant ceviche means raw fish and not raw seafood.

I guess my misunderstanding of what to expect lowers the rating that I give it. If I had gone in without any expectations, I might have rated this place higher.

I'd go back, but I'd probably order something else.

Reviewed January 11, 2013

If you are looking for fantastic ceviche and Peruvian food look no more. This restaurant offers what I consider to be the best Peruvian dishes that we have tried not only in Miami, but the rest of the country.

The ceviche is prepared in an area in front of the door as you walk in so you can see it. I have tried about 5 different ceviches and all have been great. My favorite entree is the pollo saltado, which is sliced chicken breast, sauteed onions, tomatoes, atop french fries and white rice. I wish I could give more suggestions on other entrees, but I can never order anything else when I come here.

Top it all off with one of their authentic desserts, preferably the suspiro and you won't go wrong.

Reviewed January 7, 2013

Great place, Good Service, THE BEST variety of Ceviches i've tried... It is definitely a MUST place to eat specially if you like Peruvian Food.

The "Ceviche Ganador" can be defined with one word ... perfect!!! I forgot to try the octopus, everyone recommended me to try it, maybe next time.

The experience of walking through this area of downtown is not the best, the area gives you the feeling that it is not safe.

Reviewed January 6, 2013

We were looking for a place to eat in downtown Miami before the Miami heat game, when we stumbled upon this place. My family and I are big fans of Peruvian food and try to eat it whenever we have a chance. The ambiance was good, a nice mix of families, couples, and friends getting together. The service was very good and attentive, the food came out extremely fast. My son as usual ordered the Lomo salteado and stated it's the best he's had ( and that's the only thing he ever order when we eat Peruvian food), I had the Chaufa mixto and it was very good with lots of beef, chicken and seafood although a little more salty than I personally like it. Both plates were full and had enough to feed more than one person, we couldn't even finish them ( I guess I'm getting old) we were so full we skipped dessert. The price of our meal was very affordable but we had no appetizers, alcohol drinks or dessert, though I could see how it can get a little expensive if you just freely start ordering specially some of their seafood dishes. Overall it was a good experience, good authentic food in a nice restaurant that we will definitely will return to.

Been to CVI.CHE 105? Share your experiences!