“Try the Presidente Churrasco, you'll thank me.”

Los Ranchos Steakhouse
Ranked #682 of 4,268 Restaurants in Miami
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed August 19, 2012

This place is as good as ever. When they first introduced the Presidente Churrasco, I hesitated because of the higher price. Believe me, it's worth it. The cut is better and more tender. I love their salad and their vinegar based salad dressing. Good service and atmosphere. If you want a good Nicaraguan Churrasco, and some great gallo pinto, thee is no place better to go.

There are newer reviews for Los Ranchos Steakhouse

Reviewed August 17, 2012

Service was absolutely terrible even though the place was half empty. I had to get up from the table to request a waiter.
The portions were extremely small. I did not care to have gallo pinto or fried green plantains. I asked if I could instead have some extra fried plantains. The waiter said "of course", but I never saw him again. Someone else brought me the check. The food was poorly seasoned. A very disappointed experience. We used to visit Los Ranchos at the Falls and in Coral Gables many years ago, this far very far from what it used to be.

Reviewed August 10, 2012

For those of you who do not live in Miami-Dade County, and not aware of the local Latin American cultural and culinary nuances; this is Nicaraguan fare at its best! Its specialty, as it is in its place of origin, is churrasco, traditionally accompanied by "Gallo Pinto" (rice and beans) and Platanos, whether Maduros or Verdes. Your choice. My preference is Verdes.
Don't forget to top your churrasco with "chimichurri" sauce, which is a sort of parsley pesto sauce.
For desert, of course, a Tres Leches. It's so good, but so rich, you'll want to share it.
After 25 years, it has yet to disappoint me. Never had bad service. Not cheap; but worth it.

Reviewed July 21, 2012

Very good food, the steaks are just out of this world. Good service, nice place.

Reviewed July 3, 2012

The steaks are worth the price of admission, but the sides are limited. The garlic toast is dry and flavorless. The beans, rice and plantains taste like beans, rice and plantains--but no better than that at local fast food eateries. The night I was there, a strolling mariachi band was making too much noise for the foursome at our table to visit as we had wanted.

1  Thank H O

Been to Los Ranchos Steakhouse? Share your experiences!