“Neighborhood Cuban food”

Cuisines: Cuban
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Late Night
Reviewed May 13, 2014

This plaza is perfect for typical simple Cuban delights. It didn't earn 5 stars this time because we went I'm the morning and asked for croquetas and pastelitos and they were stale. They tasted as if they had been there for a long while.
Overall this place usually is great.

Reviewed April 17, 2014

This is my neighborhood restaurant, that everybody know my name. I like most everything they make. I go for coffee at least four times a week, with croquetas. The Cuban food sandwiches, steaks, and most of their food is truly in the Cuban tradition. It's always full, but service is great, friendly and pretty fast. Enjoy!

Reviewed April 10, 2014

Seriously, I love this place. It's been several years since I came to Miami and had dinner at La Carreta and other than the prices it is like time has stood still. The food is A.m.a.z.i.n.g. !!!!! Yes, it's that good, that authentic, that local, that flavorful, that delicious. It's also weird because I think there are people still working there that I have seen before for years. Our server took care of us like we were family. I had a bit of a cold and she brought me chicken broth with lime to soothe my cough....after dinner. It was so sweet and nice of her. My favorite dish is always the vaca frita, with moros and maduros. And a can of Materva (it's a soft drink), if you prefer alcohol go for the pitcher do Sangria. Don't forget a little shot of coffee after dinner.

Reviewed December 20, 2013

If you are in this part of Miami visit La Carreta, the food is good and the Cuban Coffee is great. The outside service of Cuban pastry and croquetas is always good.

Reviewed November 25, 2013

The service was good and the food was even better. Food didn't take long to prepare but was hot and delicious. Will definitely visit again the next time I am in the area.

1  Thank Paul S