“Excellent Cuban cuisine”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Winston Salem NC
“Excellent Cuban cuisine”
Reviewed December 31, 2013 via mobile

Many choices, from salad, soup, hot and cold dishes. Wide range of beverage choices. Pricey but it's in the airport and the servings are huge. Share meal.

Tampa, Florida
“Man Oh Man!!! Loved it”
Reviewed December 31, 2013

Wow!!! What a surprise this place was. I had the Cuban sandwich with a side order of Tostones (Fried Plantains). I have had cuban sandwiches at other locations throughout the country that i particularly didn't care for but since i was in Miami i went for it. Man those other restaurant got it all wrong, this thing was delicious. And the Tostones, perfect, the sauce that came with them was excellent. It was kind of a light vinegar garlic/onion, i really don't know what it was made from but it was excellent. The hot sauce on the take Chilli Willi was also excellent. I'm a Tapatio guy myself but this was right up there with it. Had a very inch waitress bring my tray to a table, she was very attentive. If i ever go back Miami way i'm defiantly going here and i'm ordering Chilli Willi sauce online. It was that good.

• Visited December 2013
Miami, Florida
“Unusual service for an airport restaurants where one stops for a quick meal”
Reviewed November 8, 2013 via mobile

I had breakfast while flying out of Miami international at this restaurant and I was exceptionally impressed by the service both from the counter, the cashiers, and quite surprised to have someone help me carry my food to a table and then clean up afterwards. He clearly take pride in their food and in their service. If you want Concourse D I would recommend this is a place to grab a meal before flight. The food is good, not over-the-top, but still decent and worth a try

Los Angeles, California
“Great Food-eat in or take it on your flight!”
Reviewed October 27, 2013

I had a long layover in MIA in terminal D on my way to Madrid. It had been many years since I've been through the Miami airport. I was surprised to find this Cuban food restaurant at the airport. Knowing their reputation, I went into the place and had my fill of wonderful Cuban food and topped it off with a sugar high delicious dessert--flan! This is a MUST.

• Visited October 2013
Florida
“A Must-Visit”
Reviewed October 4, 2013

I used to frequent the original La Carreta in Calle Ocho years ago when I lived in Miami. It's still the same - great Cuban food at reasonable prices.
My favorite pre-flight ritual is to grab a couple of croquetas, an empanada, and a cortadito. Beats airline food every time -weI don't care where we're flying or in what class of service.
Stopping at La Carreta at MIA, be it the restaurant or cafe, is non-negotiable for us.

• Visited October 2013

Been to La Carreta? Share your experiences!