“Great little stop for lunch”

Coopertown Restaurant
Ranked #2,593 of 4,165 Restaurants in Miami
Cuisines: International
Good for: Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
gwinn mi
“Great little stop for lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2013

We had lunch here after our airboat tour. The place is a bit of a shack but that adds to it's charm. The young lady who waited on us was a total delight and we liked her very much. She was very talkative and interested in us as people. The food was very good and so was the tour. We had a great time and will absolutely stop in again if we are ever in the area :)

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank jill l

Guildford, United Kingdom
“Shack in the Everglades”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 28, 2013

Great value but not for foodies! Service was good, menu was limited. Catfish was OK, the rest of the family went the burger and fries route, and were happy.

Visited March 2013
Simi Valley, California
“Gator good”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2012

After our airboat tour, my husband and I wanted to try some gator and our guide recommended this place (We did not do their airboat tour though). We both the got the sample platter that had gator meat and frogs legs. Both were tender and tasted good. The staff were friendly too. It's a definite must if you're touring the Everglades.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank MelHolland6
Perry Hall, Maryland
“We loved this place, what a down home atmosphere.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2012

The restaurant was small but the waitress and food made up for that. What a great little place to visit.

Visited July 2012
1 Thank Robert W
Toronto, Canada
“Don't Judge a Book by It's Cover”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2012

Don’t let the look fool you, the food is really good. The restaurant was built in the 40’s and looks it, but then I wasn’t looking for a Denny’s. We read about the restaurant when we were researching airboat tours and it was part of the reason that we chose Coopertown Airboats (see my review in Trip Advisor). I mean who can visit the everglades and not feast on gator tail, frog’s legs and catfish. I was surprised by how much the gator tail looked and tasted like KFC popcorn chicken. It was tasty but I would have liked bigger pieces. I had the sampler size which came with fries and cole slaw. I asked the server if the $21 dinner was different she said, no, just bigger. My daughter had the sampler size of frog’s legs. They were scrawnier than I have had elsewhere, but this is probably more a testament to being wild caught than being skimpy. My younger daughter who is not a big fish fan really liked the catfish sandwich. My spouse didn’t think the catfish was as good as she had at BB King’s in Memphis but still said it was really good. Everybody agreed that the cole slaw was excellent. Combine this with the airboat tour and it is an Everglades experience that you will talk about for years.

• Visited June 2012