“How to avoid eating at the worst Denny's in America!!!!”
Review of Denny's

Denny's
Ranked #578 of 4,219 Restaurants in Miami
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Neighborhood: Wynwood - Edgewater
London, United Kingdom
“How to avoid eating at the worst Denny's in America!!!!”
Reviewed August 20, 2011

This is the worst Denny's I ever ate at. The music was great, nice beat, good tunes - however, it was so loud that the waitress couldn't hear us shouting our order at her - we should have walked out right then. But it all went downhill . . . My mother ordered normal home fires and I ordered the 'Red skins potatoes" - but when they came out, they both looked identical, so hard and greasy I couldn't stand to put one in my mouth.

Our meal was not only slow, but parts of it came out in 20 minute increments . . . with the waitress telling us, I'm checking on that - it took an extra 30 minutes after getting our entree to receive a skewer of grilled shrimp - just how long does it take to grill a shrimp? Then, my elderly mother almost choked on a slimy piece of plastic ribbon twisted into her eggs - when we couldn't get the waitress after 15 minutes I took the plate with the plastic debris in her eggs up to the counter.

A fellow at the register reassured me, "You're not going to have to pay for them eggs, nu-uh!" Then the manager came up and took the eggs off the ticket, which reduced our check by 5 dollars (the amount I had already left for the waitress out of pity. "How was the rest of your meal?" he asked. I said, "Nothing went right, it was mostly inedible, we couldn't hear each other speak and it took an hour to get a meal containing industrial waste products."

He winced and said, "Well, if I had know it was that bad, I would have compensated you for the entire meal." BUT HE DIDN'T!!! He just said, "Well, the next time you come back, your entire meal is on me!"

I'm sorry, but life is too short to be tortured by a Denny's restaurant, we are NEVER GOING BACK!!!! In case you think this won't happen to you, it will at the Denny's at 12105 Biscayne Blvd. in Miami - drive 40 blocks south to Biscayne and 36th Street, there's a REAL Denny's with good, cheap, diner-style food and decent service.

And please, if anyone corporate is listening, Shut this Denny's restaurant down before someone actually dies . . .

• Visited August 2011

Cumming, GA
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Extremly poor service”
Reviewed March 4, 2010

We went to this restaurant on Valentine's morning. The crowd was very LARGE and was not dealt with properly by staff. Several parties left and still we waited for an hour for a table. We only waited because we were unfamiliar with the area and did not know where else to eat. The whole staff seemed frazzled.

We were seated at a table very close to other tables an dwaited upwards of 5 minutes for someone to take our drink order. While we waited we reviewed the menu. They had the normal menu and a supplemental menu which I looked at first. I plaed the additional menu between my husband and I so he could look at it too. Our waitress was at the table next to us taking there order and snatched the supplemental menu out from between my husband and I without an "excuse me" or "May I borrow this?" I was shocked. We went ahead and ordered, again because we did not know where else to go. While waiting several people including wait staff bumped into our table. The longer we sat there the more everything added up. We decided to leave. As we exited the restaurant my husband spotted our waitress and politely told her that we had decide to leave at which point she yelled across the restaurant that she had already placed part of our order.

I was astounded at the lack of respet and concern in this place as well as all of Miami.

1 Thank GAbroper
A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“nothing beats Moon's Over MyHammy at 3AM.”
Reviewed January 3, 2008

nothing beats Moon's Over MyHammy at 3AM.

“reasonable prices”
Reviewed November 29, 2007

reasonable prices

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“the same everywhere, this one is fine”
Reviewed November 20, 2007

the same everywhere, this one is fine