“Downtown miamis best seafood”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of River Oyster Bar

River Oyster Bar
Ranked #74 of 4,162 Restaurants in Miami
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood, Pub
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Bar scene, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: 7th Street
Transit: 8th Street Metro Mover
Miami, Florida
“Downtown miamis best seafood”
Reviewed October 20, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

Excellent as usual.Good service and reservation recommended

Favorites include whole snapper, Thai mussels, flatbreads, and ceviche

Visited September 2013

New York City, New York
“Excellnt Food”
Reviewed October 4, 2013

At the last minute our group of six was able to get reservations at this restaurant. You dont really need to dress up, but the crowd is sharply dressed. The oyster selection was great, bread was good, drinks were well made, and everyone loved their entrees. I had the linguini with clams, which were a little salty, but I think that is to be expected with clams. My fiancee had the ravioli which was ok and a little over cooked. Everyone else in the group had the fish simply grilled and they were all happy with the freshness and perfection of cooking. I hope to come back and hang out here during my next trip to Miami.

London, United Kingdom
“Excellent fresh seafood, knowledgeable, friendly staff”
Reviewed September 21, 2013

We were in Miami for three days over my girlfriend's 21st birthday - and this was the place I'd reserved for her evening meal.

I was very glad I did.

The server who greeted us was friendly, helpful - and had noted from my reservation request that it was a special occasion.

We started with some cocktails, which were delicious, before moving on to look at the menus. The choice was terrific. Not overwhelming, but a good variety of seafood (and some non-seafood) to choose from. The waitress was able to advise on what each dish contained, the type of fish it was, how it was prepared, and what it tasted like. I feel that knowledge of the menu is important in any restaurant, but particularly in a seafood restaurant.

We really enjoyed our starters, main courses and desserts. Although, being American portions, we had to take some of the food away in boxes as we simply couldn't finish it!

The restaurant isn't cheap but I didn't feel it was over-priced. For the skilfully-prepared, fresh meals we enjoyed, I feel we paid a fair price.

1 Thank Rich P
Onondaga, New York
“Came back again!”
Reviewed September 18, 2013

Spent one day in Miami this year and made it a point to stop by River Oyster again to see what had changed. Everything was as perfect as it was last year. Great food, great staff and well-crafted cocktails.

I had to order the Grilled Octopus with the Cannellini Bean salad again. I had been thinking about it since last time. In addition we ordered the Clams Casino, Thai style Mussels and the Tomato Burrata Salad, with the tapenade and arugula. I know we missed some other great dishes, but I honestly think I could go back and eat there 3 days in a row, and still want to return a 4th for something I may have missed. Drinks were awesome as well.

Can't wait to come back to Miami next year (spring maybe?) and check out this spot again. My girlfriend is going to kill me if we keep visiting the same spot each time, but I can't help it!

BH
“The best oyster bar in Miami.”
Reviewed September 17, 2013

Simple but comfortable. Great draft beer , all kind of oyster , fresh seafood and nice service . When i think in oyster , i think The River.

• Visited January 2013