“This is my favourite oyster bar in Miami”
Review of River Oyster Bar

River Oyster Bar
Ranked #78 of 4,187 Restaurants in Miami
Cuisines: American, Bar, Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Bar scene, Business meetings, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: 7th Street
Transit: 8th Street Metro Mover
Miami, Florida, United States
“This is my favourite oyster bar in Miami”
Reviewed June 2, 2013

Great oyster, I mean great selection, great service, wonderful appetizer, great atmosphere, no tourist at all. This place it's for local Miamians who loves seafood. Everything have always been perfect. I suggest to seat at the bar to eat: the bar tenders are very smart and it's a pleasure to deal with them. We use to come almost once a month. Ideal place for a romantic teta a tete even if there is no view the charming atmosphere it's perfect. Oyster po boy it's fabulous even if not always on the menu. The crispy calamari salad very very good. Everything I mean everiyhing!

• Visited December 2012

Ashland, Massachusetts
“knowlegable friendly staff producing great food”
Reviewed May 27, 2013

I checked out the menu ahead of time and thought it looked interesting; everything that is but the blue crab gnocci. I love good blue crab and I occasionally enjoy gnocci - but together? - no thank you. To begin, we tried a mixed half dozen oysters. Awesome! A couple of other apppetizers came next, including some tasty razoe clams. I ordered the cobia as an entry. It was simple but excellence. My dinner date ordered the blud crab gnocci of all things. Unforntunately, I tried it and had to admit that I loved it. So much so that we switched plates half way through. There wasn't a negative the whole night between the food, the drinks, and the service.

• Visited June 2012
Miami, Florida
“Good atmosphere, pricy but very fresh seafood!”
Reviewed May 17, 2013

We did not have oysters, but everything else we tried was fresh and excellent. Good drinks. We sat at the bar, very nice and friendly atmosphere.

Visited October 2012
Northbrook, Illinois
“Delicious Food”
Reviewed May 13, 2013

Food is absolutely great - they know what they are doing. Very fun and lively environment. The crowd is diverse but mostly a younger crowd at the bar. It is a perfect restaurant in Brickell and a great place to go for happy hour. Service sometimes lags and when they get busy, they can easily get overwhelmed.

• Visited December 2012
Birmingham, AL
“Great food and service”
Reviewed May 11, 2013

We were able to walk to this bustling, busy restaurant situated close to the river. The food was fresh and very tasty. My husband had oysters and enjoyed the selection available. The fish was perfectly cooked.

• Visited April 2013