“We had dinner with Eddie Van Halen!”
Review of Hard Rock Cafe

Hard Rock Cafe
Ranked #69 of 4,314 Restaurants in Miami
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
Reviewed April 10, 2013

We really enjoyed our time at the Miami Hard Rock Cafe. We arrived at 6:00pm for our 7:00pm reservation after our trip to the zoo and were taken right in with no problem. We had our photo taken up front with the guitar and motorcycle and were seated. Drink orders were taken promptly by our very friendly server.

Now since our oldest plays the guitar (he is pretty good, too!) he was beyond thrilled to see that our table was right next to a large picture of Eddie Van Halen and one of his one-of-a-kind guitars. We had a great time wandering around the restaurant getting photos of our favorite artists and memorabilia.

Between all of our family members we had nachos, a huge cheeseburger, a new york strip and south western spring rolls. Everything was great! Our food came out quickly. The place was clean and we would go back to visit anytime!

All the staff we encountered were nice and helpful.

HRC Miami M, General Manager at Hard Rock Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2013

Glad you had a great time. The Eddie Van Halen is one of our favorites too.

Come back and see us when you can.

Greg Mulrenin

Reviewed March 31, 2013

Our teenagers - 1 our, 2 our friends' - wanted to go to HRC. We said yes, and tried to make a reservation. Ouch! First come, first served. Well, since we had promised the children, we decided to go anyway, fearing 90 min waiting, or more, as theres always huge waiting lines in every HRC in the world.

Once there, we were told we would have to wait 40 min, and handed a pager. Nice! At least we could go for a walk. Eventually we stayed in the terasse. The girl at the desk managing patrons was so nice and polite, we couldn't even believe it. She came to us 2 or 3 times with "updates" of our seating time. To be honest, I don't remember how long we had to wait, and that was, in part, because of her. I felt welcomed and well taken care of.

Once seated, the service was also very good. We were waited by a smiling young lady, very funny and who looked reliable.

As they had had a busy hectic weekend - easter, spring break... - they were out of some products, such as bacon. But at leat, our nice waiter let us know what they didn't have anymore. It happens. We survived the lack of bacon, and enjoyed our meal. Food was OK+, as in every other HRC.

I could mention one or 2 negative aspects, but I believe they are more a "cultural" difference USA/Europe than a real issue. So I'll refrain from it.

In short: HRC Miami was one of the best HRC I've ever been to.

Reviewed March 28, 2013

Enjoyed sitting outside with all the yachts, etc.in the harbor and the lights reflecting on the water. Food was pretty good, but the decor needs updating.

Reviewed March 24, 2013

After a long and frustrating day with Safari Tours, my boyfriend and I had dinner at Hard Rock. It was a rainy day so the deck was empty, but we decided to bear it and sat at the only table outside that was under cover. Our server was great, and he was very helpful with assisting my boyfriend in contacting Safari Tours about his lost cell phone.
We had the nachos for an app which were great. My boyfriend had the veggie burger and said it was alright. I had the "pulled chicken" which wasn't bad. The server warned me that their "pulled chicken" recently changed to a "chopped" chicken. I got it anyway. Fries were yummy. I had white sangria which was awesome.
The staff is really excellent, the hostesses are very sweet. I would go here again!

Reviewed March 21, 2013

After a long afternoon of shopping at Bayside my family chose to have dinner at the Hard Rock. We appreciated the menu posted near the lobby. We were greated by two very friendly hostesses, had our picture taken in front of a beautiful Harley motorcycle, and immediately seated at an outside deck table (our request). We wanted to sit by the water, have a view of Bayside lit up at night, and be able to hear the live music from the bandstand. Aahhh life is good! Most of my family ordered a burger of some sort. Everyone was very happy with their dinner. We ordered the mac and cheese appetizer. Four of us tasted about two teaspoons each - rich and delicious. I ordered the special of the day which was a mahi-mahi grilled sandwich -- very yummy. Staff did bring by the photos taken of us on arrival. I did not want to buy them. There was no pressure or negative attitude. So, overall a great meal at a great location. We were completely happy.