“Savory mediterranean, middle-east delights” 4 of 5 bubbles

Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout
Neighborhood: Coral Way
south Florida
“Savory mediterranean, middle-east delights”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 21, 2013

Alright, sure, I'm prejudiced in favor of this place, because my now-wife and I met here often for lunches as friends, before we ever began dating. But during that friendship we kept choosing this place because the food was so good (and, yeah, it sits halfway between our workplaces).

It has the staples—hummus, tabouleh, kibbeh, shawarma, gyros—in various configurations, platters, and wraps. (The sister store a few miles farther south U.S. 1, in Pinecrest does NOT have the beef shawarma that I love so much.)

Ambience is utilitarian, including shelves all around for display of hookahs, music, and other regional items for purchase. One half of the room is a marketplace. For a little more privacy, they do offer one outside hallway with maybe a half-dozen tables.

For lunch, arrive early. The line can grow deep quickly.

• Visited January 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank cbrysofla

Miami, Florida
“Middle Eastern Delight”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 26, 2012

The hummus, taboulhe & lunch specials are good! They also offer ethnic spices, breads, treats. I especially love the baklava that is a sweet pastry filled with nuts and honey. Yum!

Visited April 2012
Fort Lauderda
“Amazing place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2012

Food is always fresh. Pitas are bake in house. Everything is delicious here and prices are very affordable. The baklavas and the halva are delicious. The market has everything you are looking for from the middle east. They have a great selection of olives, chessee, grains and sweets. Don't need reservations.

Visited May 2012
“Good food and absolutely terrible service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2012 via mobile

This place is basically a market where you can sit and eat. It is treated as such by the employees. I went on a Saturday. The line for the Gyro took 20 minutes. I told them I wanted a gyro salad and they charged me for a Greek salad and a side of gyro meat (costs more). After my gyro I wanted baklava. I am told I have to go to the other counter for this. I go there and wait like an idiot for 10 minutes and then give up.
They've been doing this for a long time and I'm not going to change them, but I really hated their customer service. This kind of food is hard to come by in Miami, so it's the best option, but I really wish it wasn't.

Ecuador
“Great and healthy fast food”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2012

Ill say that in the category of fast food, this place is the best middle eastern fast food place in Miami.

Not much else to say.