“A taste of Cuban Food in Coral Gables”
Review of Villa Habana Restaurant - CLOSED

Villa Habana Restaurant
Cuisines: Cuban, Seafood
Dining options: Lunch, Takeout
Neighborhood: Coral Way
Reviewed July 8, 2013

A small local restaurant where you can find many locals, and old timer Cuban quests. Typical Cuban quick service, with great tasting food. My wife and I had the Paella Valenciana , the portion were large and tasted great. Price was reasonable and the quality and taste was appreciated by the locals and I as well. Recommend this hidden spot to anyone wanting to try out some home style Cuban cooking. Parking available and free behind restaurant.

Reviewed June 17, 2013

We were in Miami this past weekend and looking for somewhere different from our regular places when we're in town...Sergio's, Lario's, Versailles...and our nephew suggested Villa Habana. Sure glad he did. They did everything right. The restaurant is clean, the service is excellent and the food, some of the best Cuban I've had in Miami. My husband ordered croquettas de jamon...and I'll admit I'm not a fan...these were outstanding! Even my husband, who is Cuban, agreed. He ordered the pork roast, I ordered the chicharones de pollo, and our nephew the vaca frita de pollo. Everything was seasoned properly and absolutely delicious. This is going on our repeat list for future visits, and will likely bump one of the aforementioned.

1  Thank MrsG9310
Reviewed June 3, 2013

Being from chicago, i sought an authentic cuban experience and came up a little short...but just a little. Nice area. the decor is plain. the music was non-cuban Muzak.
Service was attentive. I was disappointed that beer choices were mostly American swill. Oh, right: they can't serve Cuban beers, I imagine. American politics encroaches dining experience. I tried to order what would seem authentic Cuban dishes, which were good but not particularly unique. I had grilled unnamed fish and my guest had chicken. Serving size was good, taste decent but not outstanding. The bread was meh..
The owner presided of the proceedings with a watchful eye and He quickly offered another table when ours was wobbly. Overall, a very good, but not great, meal at a good price. Two entrees, a beer for $34. As far as feeling as if I had an authentic Cuban experience ( which I sought out), not so much.

Reviewed March 6, 2013

I took a group of relatives (mainly americans) for an evening meal on a Saturday night in February 2013. I had been there before, but at lunch time on a Saturday, when it was not busy. Since this is a popular restaurant, I was worried that we might not get a table for 10 plus 2 children on a Saturday night, but there was room to spare (they put a bunch of tables together for us). There was monitored parking in back of the restaurant for everyone's cars. The food was very good and inexpensive, for Miami. People had the minute steak (palomillo) and sea bass which were excellent, I had picadillo which was not the best I have had. The service was great. The bill, including tip, was about $35 per person, which I thought was very good for everything. I recommend this restaurant and will return. Please note that they try to close it at 10:00 PM. All had a good time and we left by 10:30.

Reviewed February 7, 2013

This gem of a restaurant is located on the "Miracle Mile" on 22nd Street in Coral Gables. They provide parking (a premium in the Miami area). The setting was lovely. The food was absolutely delicious. Fresh fish cooked to order, tasty beef and pork dishes and a spectacular black bean soup. The prices are incredibly low for this place. Check out the $6.99 lunches which are fantastic. It is worth the trip.