“Enjoyed a lot”

Cuisines: Colombian
Dining options: Lunch
Neighborhood: Coral Way
Reviewed July 17, 2013

Excellent Cuban Restaurant! Very good food, very good price and in a very good place of Miami. This is part of the Miami life: Excellent Cuban Food!

There are newer reviews for Habana Vieja Restaurant

Reviewed July 8, 2013

It's not a 5 star restaurant but if you are looking for genuine Cuban food at affordable prices in a relaxed, unpretentious atmosphere, then this is the place for you. The ajiaco (thick vegetable soup) which they only serve on Mondays is unmatched by any other restaurant, even the pricier ones.

1  Thank Andhorr
Reviewed April 22, 2013

overpriced, boring, pretentious restauarnt. There is no real reason to go here, the food does not rate even a one star.

Reviewed April 16, 2013

I hesitated to write this review for a few reasons. It seems that it has been around a long time and there is a tradition and loyalty base. This is the reason we went. When we walked up we questioned whether we were actually at the correct restaurant based on the raving reviews. The doors were old and the inside seemed dirty. After being seated we received our plastic menu's - one of which was not clean. While reading the menu they brought our bread basket. It was hot dog buns cut in half. The pea soup was lukewarm and had chunks of grizzle? My shrimp dinner was good, my sons flank steak was so thin and stringly that he could not cut it and eat it. The fried plantains were undercooked and difficult to eat. I could not recommend this restaurant to anyone and will not return.

Reviewed April 4, 2013

My friend's Cuban boyfriend took us here. She had the flavorful picadillo and him and I had palomilla steak which was wonderful. Sure the onions made our breath smell, but it was flavorful! Before we had that we also Cuban bread and some really good toasted bananas (or tostinos not sure of the name) with moja sauce that spiced it up. I understand some Mexican Spanish, so the Cuban Spanish was very fast, but I somewhat understood it.
The decor is nice and Cubans themselves frequent the restaurant so you know it's legitimate. It's also reasonably priced as well, which I figured out from my weekend in Miami that that is rare.

1  Thank Mike H