“Decent Service, Very Good Food, Excellent Value”
Review of Shorty's Bar-B-Q

Shorty's Bar-B-Q
Ranked #25 of 4,369 Restaurants in Miami
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Good for: Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Delivery, Takeout
Reviewed May 30, 2013

I went there yesterday with some coworkers. On a recent visit, I had the brisket and was not impressed, so I went for the 7 seven dollar rib special. One of my coworkers had the brisket, another had the pulled pork sandwich, and the other one had the grill chicken. Serving sizes were large. Food came out quick. Service was satisfactory. They messed up one of the drinks and didn't come by for refills. We have gone before and will definitely be back...we just might sit in a different section.

Reviewed May 26, 2013

The slaw was good, tea very good, okra perfectly cooked. I had the pulled pork and liked it quite well. There are many nice touches here, they give you warm water to dip your hands in after the meal. The servings are very large. This is a very well run establishment.

Reviewed May 23, 2013

Good real value for serious barbequefiles, with great food, good prices, and no fuss down home service that knows there menu, customers, without rushing you.

Reviewed May 23, 2013

I've been eating at Shorty's for decades! Don't live in Miami any more so I don't get there nearly as often as I'd like. Very casual and that's my style. Share a table with total strangers and make friends. I love that! Oh, did I mention the absolutely wonderful food.

Reviewed May 21, 2013

When away on business, we always look for three types of restaurants. Local cuisine, seafood, and barbecue.

We found great local cuisine, great seafood, but boring barbecue.

My pulled pork platter had a lot of chunks of fat and the pork was more ground than pulled.

The fried green tomatoes were a good starter.

Not much more I can say about this one.