“Extensive menu”

Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Families with children, Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed November 30, 2013

In a strip mall, this restaurant has an extensive menu. We each ordered different dishes and were very pleased. The wait staff was very attentive.

There are newer reviews for Tropical Chinese Restaurant

Reviewed November 29, 2013 via mobile

If you like the real Dim Sum, you cannot miss this place when in Miami. Its a small but great restaurant. You better make reservations as I have always seen it completely full.
Good service and exceptional food at great prices.

Reviewed November 24, 2013

This was our first stop in Miami. We arrived promptly at 11:30 as we had gotten up at 3:00 am to catch our flight in. Within 2 minutes of arriving we had our beverages and about 10 dim sum dishes on our table. We were amazed by their speed. The dim sum was absolutely delicious, with an abundance of dishes to choose from. The staff was very well organized with servers carefully rolling the carts throughout the restaurant, one staff member taking care of the check and a manager supervising. The next time we come to Miami I am certain this will again be our first stop.

Reviewed November 18, 2013

I am not going quite often in chinese restaurant beside Hong Kong, Shangai and a friend of mine convince about this in Miami I was very happy for the quality of the product usinf fresh ingredients every dish is fresh made on order the kitchen is open view and very good value. We will go back.

Reviewed November 12, 2013

My husband and I come to Tropical when we do not want the typical Chinese takeout type of food.
Located right across from Tropical Park in Miami, this restaurant has outstanding food and a great atmosphere.
We usually come in the evening for dinner and have never had to wait more than a few minutes for seating. One of the very first things that caught my eye when I came to Tropical was the fact that you can see the kitchen from your seat. You can see the fresh ingredients and the orderliness in the kitchen.
The menu has a great selection of traditional dishes: rice, noodles, chicken, seafood, beef, etc.
We have had the shrimp wonton soup, which is delicious and enough for two people to share.
The spring rolls are also great. The special fried rice has big chunks of chicken, pork and shrimp. The garlic prawns are huge and tasty. The portions are big enough to share.
They include fortune cookies as well as a half orange before you leave, which satisfies my sweet tooth without going overboard.
The most important part is that the food leaves me satisfied and sits well in my stomach.
The service is excellent and we will continue coming to Tropical for their great food.