“Food horrible”

Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Transit: Take Metro Mover, and get off Omni station, we are on 1717 N. Bayshore Drive, in the Double Tree Grand hotel.
Description: Tony Chan's Water Club is an internationally renowned, Miami's premier Chinese restaurant located inside the Doubletree Grand Hotel lobby, next to the beautiful Biscayne Bay and the Sealine Marina. All cooking is MSG free; every dish is cooked to order. We serve contemporary Hong Kong-style Cantonese cuisine, which is light in salt and oil in-take. Our signature dishes include Peking duck, steamed Chilean sea bass, North Sea baked scallop, Abalone, and more.In addition, we offer fresh, high-quality sushi, and we also offer a full-service bar and an extensive wine list with a wide collection of domestic and international fine wines to enhance your dining enjoyment.At this upscale downtown favorite, we have romantic waterfront views overlooking the bay in addition to tables facing the chefs through the kitchen’s floor-to-ceiling windows. Come by today, and we guarantee that you’ll have “the best Chinese this side of Shanghai”.
Reviewed November 12, 2012

A total waste of time and money. OrderedGeneral Tso's chicken, no spice, no flavor. How can you screw up steamed dumplings? They did.....

Jenny Z, Manager at Tony Chan's Water Club, responded to this reviewResponded November 14, 2012

Thank you for your input, and we are so sorry that you have a bad experience last time, hopefully you would give us another try next time.

Reviewed November 10, 2012

We dcided to take our assistant out to dinner & since she likes Chinese food we wanted to go someplace somewhat different. The restaurant was rather empty since we went relatively early. The Maitre D' was very warm & friendly. My wife & I had Peking Duck & it was delicious. I have some food allergies & the chef was able to accommodate my needs & still serve a wonderful meal. Our assistant had a szechuan chicken dish & she said it was as close to perfect as it could be.

The service was great, the views very nice, All in all a very succesful evening even though it was a bit pricey..

Jenny Z, Owner at Tony Chan's Water Club, responded to this reviewResponded November 12, 2012

Thank you for joining us and thank you for your great review, please visit us again next time.

Regards,

Jenny Zhang

Reviewed October 31, 2012

Recent construction adjacent to the restaurant has partiallytaken away one of the best Marina views in the city,but what has not changed is the consistently good service and excellent chefs one I know well has been there twenty years.Over the years staff have come and gone but in the last year or so Management has stayed under the Guidance of Simon who is the big boss,Wei and Cash,each have there own personality and can order the same dish in differing ways.
At lunch time there are more than three options from set lunches for the budget minded,a second of more variety and larger portions and of course a la carte.In addition to some favourite regional foods if you have a special request mention it to staff and I will be most surprised if they cannot cook special requests to order for the appropriate charge if not on the menu.Because of this flexibility I spend most lunch times there either eating by myself or with friends.Important to know that all the ingredients are fresh and they cook without MSG.In recent times it has become a favourite for visiting Chinese delegations and special party requests to which some rave reviews have been given.Simon who acts as the senior Maitre D is my favourite and charms me with ideas of special dishes whenever I visit,he has worked in Macau and Hong Kongs top restaurants for more than forty years and is responsible for the running along side the owners here.I have never had a bad meal in more than a decade and if I did a quick word is enough to have it changed and replaced.Nothing is too much trouble.
Please give my home restaurant a try for lunch and dinner you may well find me there,my name is Chris and I live in he condos at the Grand..........................................

Jenny Z, Owner at Tony Chan's Water Club, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2012

Thank you Christ, We are grateful for what you did. It's always wonderful to have you, and we will do our best to maintain the food quality and service. Thank you again.

Jenny Zhang

Reviewed October 29, 2012

I've heard and read a lot of good things about Tony Chang's Water Club, so my husband and I decided to try it. It's a good thing my expectations weren't high because I would have been disappointed.

For the most part, the food was good. The spicy shrimp and scallop dish had fresh crunchy shrimp and the scallops were done just right. We could have done without the appetizers- steamed pork dumplings and chicken on a crispy pancake. Steamed dumplings are supposed to be delicate. These were wrapped in tough dough and flavorless. The chicken dish turned out to be chopped up chicken on styrofoam, lukewarm and also also flavorless. Definitely not worth $14.00.

The atmosphere... what atmosphere? Badly lit and unfriendly. Service was without a smile and unwelcoming. Would we go back? Probably not. Even though the main courses were good, the overall experience was not worth it.

Reviewed July 26, 2012

Though it was convenient all of our dishes tasted the same and none had any memorable flavors which would make me think about returning.

Been to Tony Chan's Water Club? Share your experiences!