“Better than average, not quite very good.....3.5 would be appropriate here”

Monty's Coconut Grove
Ranked #182 of 4,282 Restaurants in Miami
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Good for: Families with children, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Coconut Grove
Description: Monty's Raw Bar is an iconic waterfront Key West Tiki Bar style restaurant. Great for both locals and tourists, we accommodate large groups with ease and have banquet space to accomadate 25-1000. Enjoy raw bar items, great seafood, burgers, sandwiches and salads along with great new items like Baja Tacos and Jamaican Jerk Chicken. Happy Hour specials weekdays from 4:00-8:00, all drinks discounted along with $1 oysters, clams & shrimp with stone crabs discounted. Live music nightly, all day on weekends with DJ until closing Friday-Sunday.
Reviewed November 24, 2013

If location alone were the determine factor, then a 5 would be in order here.....the restaurant is adjacent to the marina and offered magnificent views of amazing yachts and boats. There is both indoor and outdoor dining (we opted for the latter, which was fabulous). To see the sun set was breathtaking.

Server was efficient...we got the impression he was special needs or something as there was "something"about his mannerisms, etc. Regardless, he was friendly enough and while somewhat slow, he was efficient in terms of accuracy.

My lobster and shrimp wrap was Okay.....too much tomato and not enough flavor though.

My colleagues both had fried shrimp and they advised the shrimp was Okay.......

Cocktails were good......

I would patronize this place again...if no other reason, the bar.

1  Thank carolinasunshine13

Reviewed October 25, 2013

I went there for lunch... food was soso... they gave me the wrong order in my take-home bag... I ordered fish fingers and they gave me chicken fingers.... they forgot our order once... not impressed

Reviewed September 30, 2013

Category 3 and Painkiller = great time. If they have grouper it should be on your plate. Lot's of space for big groups but cozy enough for a few.

Reviewed September 10, 2013

Well, I went here with a group of friends the night before this past Miami/UF game. Everyone ranted and raved about the place, and it was my first time. Place was WAYYY too crowded, each bar has 3 bartenders for about 400 patrons, and once the doors to the inside are open, the A/C is cut off. I really wanted to like this place, but, this definitely did not impress me. Probably won't be back. Only reason I didn't give it 1 star was because of the location.

Reviewed September 2, 2013

Nice place , next to marina , food was good , service is really fast ,almost you can't enjoy your appetizer cocktail and food was ready there , live music n very nice place

Been to Monty's Coconut Grove? Share your experiences!