“Outstanding, french restaurant”

Neighborhood: Coconut Grove
New Jersey
“Outstanding, french restaurant”
Reviewed October 7, 2013

I ate here with my wife, college son and his girlfriend recently. Having been to Paris and eaten at several very good French restaurants in NYC, I found this place fantastic! The tables are quite close to each other, and the decor is a bit tacky, but oh the food!
There was a real French chef in the kitchen (occasional outbursts heard a la Gordon Ramsey yelling at his staff in French) who produced outstanding Parisian fare. The escargot were warm, lightly dressed in oil and garlic. The fish and meats were fresh, and served with detail. Interestingly in contrast to most French restaurants, the portions were adequate. The wine list while not extensive was on par with any respectable Parisian restaurant.
The waiters were very attentive. One unusual addition to the evening was the restaurants illusionist. He walked around doing some fantastic card tricks and disappearing acts (with my wedding ring!). It was quite interesting.
Overall the food was authentic, service attentive, atmosphere downright Parisian. I would recommend this place highly especially to out of town foodies.

• Visited October 2013

drwendy
“Truly French, amazing food”
Reviewed October 2, 2013

This is a lovely open bistro near CocoWalk shopping in Coconut Grove. The tables are close together and the atmosphere is fun and relaxed but the food is top notch. I had the tomato lotus appetizer, with toasted cheese atop baked tomato. One of the best apps I've had anywhere. We ate the pate de foie gras which was made with compressed lobes of foie, not ground. I got a seabass special atop risotto with lobster sauce and my husband had an enormous pot of mussles in white wine broth, he couldn't even finish them which is unusual for him.

We will absolutely be back next time we're in Miami.

• Visited September 2013
Miami, Florida
“An extraordinary restaurant”
Reviewed September 26, 2013

My husband and I go to Le Bouchon du Grove at least three times a week. That fact is a measure of how much we love this delightful French restaurant – the food and the staff.

The chef Christian Ville is amazing. He trained at La Maison Troisgros in Roanne, one of the best restaurants in France. This restaurant has had a Michelin 3-star rating every year since 1968. In Miami, a waiter from a competing restaurant indicated that Christian at Le Bouchon is the best French chef in town. To show his virtuosity, Christian will have as a specialty a fantastic multi-layered vegetable terrine, or he might prepare an onion tarte with roasted shrimp on top.

Our favorites of the many delicious main dishes on the menu are Roasted Rack of Lamb, Pan-seared Salmon, and Roasted Snapper Fillet. For those who have no concern about weight, the Chicken Fricassee is a wonder of subtle, succulent tastes. Magnifigue!

The salads are all wonderful, but we especially like the Warm Main Lobster salad, Grilled Jumbo Shrimp with yellow and red tomatoes, and a special creation of the chef – La Tomate Lotus, which consists of a large tomato with goat cheese and prosciutto, and a side salad.

For dessert we recommend the Tarte Tatin. The apples are so tender that no chewing is really necessary. The crust is thin and tasty, and the sauce perfect with the apples. We will often order one Tarte Tatin for the table and share.

On Saturdays we take our newspapers and go to Le Bouchon for our delicious egg-white omelet either with Swiss cheese and mushrooms or with ratatouille. As an accompaniment we share a plate of prosciutto, and my husband has a croissant. If we are feeling thin, we might have either the plain or raspberry pancakes, which are just the right thickness, crisp on the edges and tender in the center.

The excellent café au lait goes well with any meal, if for nothing else than to give extra time to reflect on having eaten another delicious meal.

The chef and the wait staff are always friendly and pleasant and even funny. We enjoy them as much as we do the food.

This is a extraordinary restaurant, and my husband and I highly recommend it.

• Visited September 2013
2 Thank alliharper
Marathon, Florida
“Incredible Food & Service”
Reviewed September 26, 2013

Le Bouchon is an absolute incredible restaurant. The food has been great every time I have eaten here. The servers are always friendly and willing to recommend wines that coincide with whatever you decide to order. If your in the Coconut Grove I would recommend this spot over every other restaurant in the area.

• Visited March 2013
London, United Kingdom
“Pretty busy place”
Reviewed September 8, 2013 via mobile

Nice food, simple tasty meal. Quite a trip from south beach but no regrets. My strip was good and service fine having in mind place was fully packed!

Visited August 2013

Been to Le Bouchon du Grove? Share your experiences!