“Could be so much better”

Casablanca On the Bay
Reserve with OpenTable
Casablanca On the Bay is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #729 of 4,268 Restaurants in Miami
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed March 4, 2014

Perhaps it was the time, perhaps it was the day of the week but there was no one in sight to seat me and after waiting and waiting and waiting and still no staff in sight l eventually went to the bar to sit and eat. I ordered ceviche, this took over 40 minutes to arrive which l found surprising as the restaurant appeared to be almost empty and although the portion was extremely generous and the presentation excellent l found the use of vinegar overwhelmed the delicate flavours of the dish which was disappointing. The bar server was pleasant and the location above the marina is certainly a place to sit and watch the water, well I guess it would be if one could find someone to show one to a table, you can't see the bay from the bar!

1  Thank Paula790
There are newer reviews for Casablanca On the Bay

Reviewed March 3, 2014

The location is great for anyone staying close to downtown, and the food is excellent. The service was very good, and we dined here twice over our 5 nights stay, and thoroughly enjoyed the experience.

Reviewed February 26, 2014

I know the original Casablanca at the river, and it is a wonderful place. Last Sunday I went to the restaurant with some friends and the place was packed. The waiting time for a table was for at least 30 minutes, so the owner offered us the option to go to their new place at Bayshore Dr. He said: “You will find the same quality of food, but less people.” Furthermore, he gave us a coupon for a free bottle of wine and a 10% discount.

As soon as we got to the restaurant, we were surprised because the manager had already reserved a table for us. However, when we sat at the table, the horrible experience started. First of all, it took more than 10 minutes to get the menu..Later on we asked for our free bottle of wine; unfortunately, we got a very cheap wine, better not to have had it at all

We first ordered food for the kids, so we could keep them quiet, but we had to wait 10 more minutes for the waiter to come back to take our order. It took forever to get the food, the kids were starving and we had to ask several times to bring their food first to calm them down. They brought the kids food: still, it took almost 30 minutes to get our dishes.

The food was excellent, but the service was horrible. Still, the waiter made a great effort to offer us a good service. I think the main problem was in the kitchen.

The place is nice, and it has a fantastic view of the bay. However, I will hardly give it a second chance. Keep in mind that it is an expensive place

1  Thank locopormiami
Reviewed February 21, 2014

I'm obviously drawing a conclusion, but that's my opinion. It seems like a restaurant not taken seriously by the owners, so they don't put serious people in there/ And the attitude is misplaced -- they created a salsa night on Fridays. Good idea. But there's nothing about that place that says fun or happy. And even for people living in the building, with hardly anyone else in the restaurant, they want to charge an admission. Get the business first. Then charge admission. As for the food, my wife won't go back. And we live in the building and eat in one or more of the restaurants in the building once, sometimes twice a day. That's about 700 meals a year (once a day for 2 people) we eat at restaurants in the building, and Casablanca gets none of them because of poor service, inconsistent food and a bad attitude toward residents.

I rated the atmosphere and romance "very good" because it is. Just not good enough to overcome the bad things. If they could get some good people in there with appropriate policies and ideas, this could be a really good place.

I rated "value" as poor not because the prices are too high if everything else were ok, but because with some of the bad things, you'd expect fast food and those prices would be lower.

Get the food and service in order and the value would be fine.

Reviewed February 19, 2014

Cevice was very, very good as was the seafood gumbo. My wife's salad was average. Portions were a bit small. I was almost going to rate this above average but the drink pushed me lower. I ordered a bloody mary which was probably one of the worst ever. Ice tea was also very weak and pretty much tasteless. Service was extremely slow to start but once the waiter noticed us he was very attentive and made up for the lapse with some genuine interest. Might give it another try. It was the Miami boat show with a lot of customers and the staff was trying their best.

Been to Casablanca On the Bay? Share your experiences!