“The best sushi I've ever had anywhere, every single visit 10++++”

Fujiya Japanese Restaurant
Ranked #589 of 4,282 Restaurants in Miami
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed July 13, 2013

Always go to Fujiya for sushi when I'm in South Fla. After living in Miami for 45 yrs, this place is a hidden gem. Fresh delicious food every single time! A huge variety of raw and cooked sushi, rolls, sashimi and more. The teriyaki and tempura is excellent!! Soups and salad are wonderful. I love this place, I crave it! Now living in Denver and there is not ONE place that can compare. I truly miss Fujiya, so I visit every time, several times when I visit my family in Miami. My favorites, Kani Su, Moon Roll, Volcano Roll, Ecstasy Roll, Dragon Roll and yummy Pork Shumai..... I used to eat here every Monday, with my cousin. We love this place!! The best sushi in all Florida, and I dare say all USA!! Wish they'd build one here in Denver!!!!!

Reviewed February 24, 2012

This is a small local sushi hot spot for those in the know. Because it is way out on Kendall Drive it hasn't been discovered by tourists or even east Kendall residents. I stumbled upon it and thoroughly enjoyed both the menu and the service. They must have thanked me 20 times in their hospitable Japanese best. They have many inventive rolls and dishes that are out of the norm. I am pretty traditional and was eating alone, so I was limited in my choices. The couple next to me were regulars and had a table full of exotic and delicious dishes. They didn't let me taste theirs, but they were raving over everything. Prices are reasonable for the quality of food. I tried to take a few pieces home, but barely could contain myself from finishing it in the car on my way back to the hotel. Those with a GPS will discover their are new roads to take you way out on Kendall from almost anywhere without too much difficulty. Don't expect luxury or fine dining, just a very enjoyable meal.

Reviewed November 28, 2011

I absolutely LOVE this place! The sushi is so yummy and fresh! It is a small restaurant, so the service is great. My 3 favorite rolls are the Eel fashion, Zonie, and Ecstasy. Highly recommended!

Reviewed August 24, 2011

If you like SUSHI, cooked or raw, or Japanese food, this is an amazing place! I live in Colorado now, but LOVE this place. Every visit home to MIAMI, I go to Fujiya! I truly crave and miss this place! A huge variety of sushi rolls, sashimi, tempura and more. The best sushi I've ever had, no other place I've tried comes close! This year I brought my Colorado friends, who thought they knew good sushi, to Fujiya. They were truly impressed, and I always am. The service is the best, the food is always fresh, served at the appropriate temperature. Lots of personalized care from the staff here, willing to satisfy your every desire when it comes to good food! You can even request to create your own roll?! I can't wait to go back every time!! I lived in Miami for over 30yrs and this is still my favorite restaurant!!

Reviewed March 27, 2011

Very nice and authentic selection of sushi and other dishes.

Very reasonable prices. Worth a detour.