“Excellent restaurant”

Cuisines: Latin
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed November 24, 2013

I've been eating in Madrono since 1999 and the food has always been exceptional as well as the service. Traditional Nicaraguan food at reasonable prices. Over the years I've tried many of the different food and never had a complaint on anything I have ordered.

Reviewed September 5, 2013

I had the carne asada with jalapeno sauce on the side, gallo pinto rice and ripe plantains the meat was tender and flavorful will definitely return .

Reviewed August 12, 2013

I work very close to this restaurant and have become a regular with other co-workers of mine. We always come for the lunch special which is a great bargain. The staff is friendly and they are always busy which I find to be a great sign. I always order the Carne Asada with Gallo Pinto and salad. I also get a queso frito (fried cheese) here and there. I definitely recommend visiting.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Being married to a Nicaraguan, I understand the food. This place has the potential to be great. Unfortunantley they automatically charge a 15% gratuity regardless of the party size. Needless to say the service was slow and in my opinion not worth giving the waiter that tip. Why strive to be nice and courteous you will automatically get paid.

We waited for over 10 minutes when we finally flagged the girl down that gave us our water she apologized and stated they probably forgot us since our table was hidden and in a corner. Strike 1. The waiter came to take our order and we never saw him until we were done with our meal. Strike 2. Finally the girl that was busing the table was the one who offered to bring our bill .. not even asking if we wanted to dessert or anything. Strike 3.

Although the food was good, I will not return to eat there unless #1 I take cash and then pay the amount I choose for a tip, or 2 I will order next door at the Pulperia (which is also owned by them) and take it to go.

It's no surprise I guess to those who live in Miami that service is like that pretty much at every restaurant. But for someone traveling it leaves a pretty bad taste in your mouth.

Reviewed February 15, 2013

If you are looking for a outstanding nica food, Madrono Restaurant is the place to go. Came back a week ago from Florida which I had to eat some Nica food & drink some good Cacao. We order the Bandeja de Antojitos, Repochetas, cacao, tres leches & Buñuelos!!!! The food is really good and the service is superb!!! I truly recommend Madrono.

1  Thank Jose Luis A