“Great Peruvian Food - Love the Ceviche”

El Chalan Restaurant
Ranked #153 of 4,268 Restaurants in Miami
Cuisines: Latin, Seafood, Peruvian
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed July 23, 2014

We have eaten at El Chalan several times and we try to eat there every time we are in the area, it is by far the best Peruvian in the area. The Ceviche is great, good portions and good price. We also enjoy the Lomo Saltado. If you are looking for great Peruvian food this is the place to go. This is not a romantic or fancy place, it could be improved, but the food is great.
The restaurant is located just one block from Lincoln Rd.

1  Thank CGM00
There are newer reviews for El Chalan Restaurant

Reviewed July 18, 2014 via mobile

The best ceviche in town and the Peruvian food in general out of this world. The bartender could b a little bossy but the waiters are excellent and she could not stop me from coming here even if she try. Worth a drive

Reviewed June 26, 2014

We enjoy Peruvian food and have two very favorite Peruvian restaurants in the West Kendall area of Miami. El Chalan came highly recommended and we took a group of 8 there for the first time. Six in our group where Latin; 4 Ecuador, I Cuban, l Peru). We were seated quickly and the person who brought water glasses spilled a large glass of water on the table, me and my wife. They rushed to clean it up and in the process, spilled a lot on the floor at my feet. I had to show them the water and ask for it to be mopped up before I fell. He came with a damp mop and wiped it around! I asked him to get a dry mop to absorb the water so I wouldn't slip and fall. He brought some paper towels and tried his best but the floor was never dried. Waitress took our orders and one of our guests didn't get her main course until most of us were finished eating. We ordered the sangria which was horrible and tasted watered down and had canned fruit cocktail fruit in the glasses. The ceviche was very good. My wife and I had Chaufa de Marisco (one of our favorites) and it was bland and tasteless with more rice and less Marisco. Extremely disappointed and will never return. Our favorite restaurants are Aromas Del Peru and La Perla. are .

2  Thank Edmund438
Reviewed June 14, 2014 via mobile

My dad loves fish so we brought him to one of our favorite places for ceviche. The food was great. The server was horrible. She abandoned us during the meal and I had to call the manager for coffee. I probably will go back but ask for another server.

Reviewed June 8, 2014 via mobile

The BEST Peruvian food ever. Whether you pick ceviche, fried or broiled fish or one of their rices (Paella, Mariscos or Fried) they are all fabulous!

Their service is good, they don't take reservations but the wait isn't too long. It's worth the wait.

If you are looking for romantic dinner this is NOT your place. The lights are all turned up high. Very loud as it's an open space with many tables side by side. This is the ONLY draw back.

If you're looking for great food, and can overlook the setting, this is your place.

Been to El Chalan Restaurant? Share your experiences!