“Secret gem”

Cuisines: Asian, Thai, Vietnamese
Dining options: Dinner
Neighborhood: Little Havana
Reviewed March 4, 2014

A fantastic story of willingness, assistance, family, outreach, and amazing food and friendship. Cathy has brought over so many orphaned and abandoned Vietnamese children and assisted them in education while teaching them a great system through her wonderful restaurant. Let's keep this place alive.

Reviewed January 16, 2014

pros- very friendly staff.

cons- very disorganized friendly staff. slow service. very mediocre food. prices were pretty reasonable i guess

1  Thank Gene T
Reviewed January 13, 2014

I know this place is iconic in miami and I respect it . Used to be maybe one of a couple place to get great asian cuisine ,times have charged and Miam's culinary scene has grown up -we have options. I don't want to say food is overrated I still love certain dishes here . That said I get you have to wait here and you get your food when you get your food, but our experience on sat was over the top ridiculous. my buddy from out of town waited over an hour for his his house soup, yes a soup that everyone gets , not one thats prepared to order. He asked for it in a decent tone four times. Really not ok! Our food took so long to arrive the owner looked at us twiddling our thumbs and asked us if we had eaten yet? Then scurried off, no apology nothing. The soup arrived then with half our entires, the last two several minutes later. LOVED the soup but it was not worth the aggravation. Sorry

1  Thank joemia
Reviewed January 8, 2014

Let's get the bad news over with first. Unless your timing is perfect and all the stars are properly aligned in the heavens, expect to wait a good while to be seated at Hy-Vong. The good news is that the food is superbly worth the patience expended in anticipation. Kathy Manning and Tung Nguyen, who own and run this restaurant, are some hard-working women! While Tung executes culinary magic behind the scenes, Kathy bustles through the dining room, making recommendations, taking orders and delivering heavenly food to diners. The salad is the perfect light, fresh start to the meal, the soups are full of flavor and after that any dishes I have chosen have never disappointed. End the meal with the Vietnamese coffee and leave sweetly satisfied. Bring your patience and you will be rewarded.

Reviewed December 25, 2013

Having lived in Miami most of my adult life. I used to go here at least 1-2 times a month. Well, things have not changed at all. Still the same exquisite food as always. And, Kathy is in command. Can't wait to go back whenI am in Miami again. Food is spot on.