“Disappointing”

Neighborhood: Little Havana
Miami Beach, Florida, United States
“Disappointing”
Reviewed August 4, 2013

I visited Hy Vong last Sunday, July 26th with a friend. Except for a very good pork appetizer that was a special, this Vietnamese food was very disappointing. The spare rib appetizer came in a broth that put your mouth on fire and was full of grizzle. We had the recommended chicken that was enfolded in a pastry crust and covered with cream cheese. This was a glop of dry chicken, heavy pasty crust and the cream cheese was the worst. Who could eat this? We also had a noodle dish was okay but very little memorable taste. I don't know what all the fuss is about. This food is awful.

Tracy, Miami Beach Resident

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank Tracy G

Plantation, Florida
“Delicious Food”
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Am already set in my ways with this delicious food, it is the calamari salad to start, can't even describe it, is just not what I was expecting in a wonderful way, the pumpkin soup, salad and an entree either some lemongrass chicken or the vegetable and tofu with fresh rice noodles, was just amazing, all the flavors and sauces taste so original and refreshing and the dessert was a no brainer, cant say enough, besides the owner is so nice. Enjoy

• Visited May 2013
Miami, Florida
“sometimes you will have to wait!”
Reviewed May 17, 2013

I don't like waiting, but we were already there...4 of us. The food was very good. Everything we ordered was fresh cooked (increased the waiting). The portions were generous and the price was very reasonable. The overall experience was good but not to the point that I will specially go out my way or wait so much to eat there.
Its a reliable good place, were the owner is in top of the business, I wish the menu will include some more fresh and or small dishes.

• Visited April 2013
Miami, Florida
“Miami's little secret”
Reviewed April 18, 2013

This restaurant is not the typical "Miami style" restaurant, which makes Hyvong so incredibly original. I love coming here to eat since its out of the norm. It is a very long wait but it is so worth every second. The food is made to order which is why Kathy's food is delicious and authentic. I honestly have tried many dishes here and have yet anything bad to say about any of them.

My families favorites are:
The chocolate chip cake
The coffee

• Visited February 2013
Springfield, NJ
“Reasonable wait/ great food”
Reviewed April 7, 2013 via mobile

After reading the love it or hate it reviews we were curious to try this place. We only waited about 15 minutes for a table. We sat outside and were able to order drinks while we waited. We did go late- about 9:30 on a Wednesday. A few tables came in after us and got in even more quickly. We had the spring rolls for an appetizer. It was awesome- but there were only two small rolls so order your own! I had the beef with vermicelli noodles and my husband had the pork with noodles. In hindsight we wish we would have ordered dishes that were not so similar. The food was tasty and fresh and we both enjoyed the meal. Our bill for one appetizer, two noodle dishes and two glasses of wine was in the $50 range. The service could have been more attentive, but we will go back--late.

Visited April 2013