“My favorite restaurant”

Cuisines: Asian, Thai, Vietnamese
Dining options: Dinner
Neighborhood: Little Havana
Reviewed April 25, 2008

I have been going to Hy-Vong (which we also call Kathy's, for the owner) for the last 25 years and will continue to go as long as they are open and I can get there. In my experience there is no food that can come close to the freshness and and taste that I find in this little heaven on 8th street. Yes, sometimes I have been a bit dissapointed because the pork rolling cakes run out too soon, and the wait is too long and I am starving, but I always look forward to the next special occasion to use as an excuse to go eat at Kathy's.

2  Thank lunadogMiami

Reviewed April 15, 2008

No fansy decor, expect to wait for your food, but it's well worth it. I had spicy ribs and Cabbiage port roll, DELICIOUS, reminded me of my granda's cooking

1  Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed March 29, 2008

Decent, authentic food...but these people have to learn to treat their staff MUCH BETTER!!!! It's unappetizing to dine wile a hostess is being read the riot act. They need a lesson in CLASS!!!!!!

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
Reviewed November 25, 2007

Reli small - lines around the corner - but great french vietnamese food - go early

Reviewed November 15, 2007

Such a great surprise in such an unexpected location!

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook