“Disappointing. Slow service and staff who couldn't care less!”
Review of Hy-Vong Vietnamese Cuisine - CLOSED

Hy-Vong Vietnamese Cuisine
Cuisines: Asian, Thai, Vietnamese
Dining options: Dinner
Neighborhood: Little Havana
Delray Beach, Florida
“Disappointing. Slow service and staff who couldn't care less!”
Reviewed May 1, 2012 via mobile

I was all excited about going and now I feel very let down. The lack of service and very average tasting food makes me wish we had not sat waiting for over 2 hours for a table. The good news is that if they changed out all the staff and paid a little more attention to the food preparation, it would be much more worthwhile to visit.

Miami, Florida
“You will not forget this place!”
Reviewed January 19, 2012

The setting is nothing fancy, but the overall experience is a WOW! The food is superb. Service is good, not great, but they get an "A" for effort. It's the food!!! Fabulous!

1 Thank Pineapples-a-Plenty
Rio de Janeiro
“Filthy, poorly prepared, revolting”
Reviewed January 14, 2012

The filth here compares with street restaurants in rural Vietnam, but the food is not so good. This place has fans, but I cannot understand why.

Visited January 2012
4 Thank jbcarioca
Miami, FL
“Best food in Miami!”
Reviewed January 6, 2012

This is my favorite restaurant in Miami and I have been going there for 20+ years. My suggestion is go with the spring roll (not your typical egg roll), pumpkin soup, salad and then for an entree I usually go with the Korean fried shrimp (they are huge like little lobster tails).

That said is is a slow go, be prepared to wait, not a place for "date night" and try and get there right when they open at 6PM as they don't have very many tables. Enjoy!!

• Visited December 2011
2 Thank Cane1992
Miami, Florida
“Definition of apathy and rude”
Reviewed December 22, 2011

I was excited to eat here. REALLY excited.
I sat down with my family placed our order and everyone just disappeared. It as if we were invisible.
I heard this place takes a while but after 45 minutes of idle chit chat I asked the wait staff about our soup and salad.
"It's on its way!"
It get's there a few minutes later...then a half-hour later I ask about the food.
"Its on its way!"

Wait fifteen more minutes...
"Excuse me...not to be a bother buts its been a longgggg time since we ordered. Do you have any idea when the food is coming?"

And we were just told to sit down and that it takes a while to eat there.

Please ignore this restaurant
Just because you live in a big city gives you no right to treat customers badly.

• Visited December 2011