“A hidden Gem and a must try!!”
Review of The People's Bar-B-Que - CLOSED

The People's Bar-B-Que
Cuisines: American, Barbecue
Neighborhood: Downtown
Neighborhood: Downtown
West Palm Beach, Florida
“A hidden Gem and a must try!!”
Reviewed August 13, 2013

This small family old fashioned diner was a surprising hit with our party of 3. Good ole soul food to hamburgers and fries. It is a definite hit, but a bit hard to find at first.

Look it up and call for directions if needed. Very nice family atmosphere and dining experience!! It is just off of I-95 near downtown Miami. Great pricing but WONDERFUL FOOD!!

Visited February 2013

Lancaster, Pennsylvania
“Nice Food, Not-As-Nice Everything Else”
Reviewed March 8, 2013

This was the first time visiting this small, home-style barbecue in Miami.

My first and lasting impression of the restaurant's interior was a run-down, ghetto restaurant with shaking fans and rusty chairs.

We were unprofessionally-handed silverware, as we passed along each bundle of silverware to each person down the table. The waiters seemed careless. The entire room had a deep echo, making it very difficult to even hear the waiter standing two feet in front of you. The perspiration from the cups of water revealed circles of dirt on the tables. The room looked very shady and poorly-painted.

Despite the poor service and the poor atmosphere, the food was very decent! We got complementary cornbread, which was warm and AMAZING. I got the oxtail (yes, an OX'S TAIL!!!) with rice, and a side salad. The salad, for some odd reason, was just lettuce, tomato, and cucumber without dressing... The rice was very good. The oxtail was bursting with delicious flavor, and, for the fairly low price of $13, I got a bang for my buck. However, that was not the opinion from the other members of our group: some of them stated that the pork was chewy and poorly-made. Overall, I would rate the food very good, weighing in the opinions of the others in my group.

One last note - the service was fast... and slow. We had 17 people in our group. The first three plates came out in a fairly quick time. But the other plates slowly trickled out. Eventually, the last plate was delivered... about five minutes after half of the party finished eating!!

I would recommend this restaurant, but don't expect anything more than average. The food and value are very good (in my opinion, but not in others' opinions), but the rest of the stuff is not so good.

• Visited March 2013
Chicago, Illinois
“best hole in the wall in miami”
Reviewed July 7, 2012

if you like a good hole in the wall soul food spot then this is it look no futher. best side mac and cheese a most

• Visited July 2012