“Great restaurant” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Azul at Mandarin Oriental

Azul at Mandarin Oriental
Reserve with OpenTable
Azul at Mandarin Oriental is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #62 of 4,138 Restaurants in Miami
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings, Romantic, Special occasions, Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Valet Parking, Validated Parking, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Brickell Key Drive
Transit: Metrobus stop located across the street from main entrance.
Description: Set in a high-energy atmosphere with stunning views of Biscayne Bay and the Miami skyline, Azul restaurant is the city's most acclaimed fine dining experience. The award winning restaurant features sophisticated and eclectic modern American cuisine with Asian influences, perfectly complemented by an extensive wine program offering several hundred world-class wines. Floor-to-ceiling windows on three sides envelop the senses, ensuring all diners are treated to dramatic bay and city views.
Tampa, FL
“Great restaurant”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 7, 2014

This is a truly amazing restaurant. The food was delicious, but it's the impeccable service that sets this restaurant apart. The server, the sommelier, and the rest of the staff made sure this was a true dining experience. We only wish there were more dessert options. Other than that, what a fantastic place to eat.

Visited July 2014

Bletchley, United Kingdom
“gourmet food and beautiful view”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2014

loved the service, food and wine. It isn't cheap but everything was first class and you felt your custom was truly appreciated.

Visited June 2014
Miami, Florida
“The best meal and service ever”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2014 via mobile

My partner and i stayed at the mandarin for the weekend and had the most amazing meal with our friends and my daughter. The food was some of the best we have had in our extensive travels (we've eaten at the "French Laundry" in Napa). The service was impeccable and attentive. Manny was wonderful and personable; and his team just made the experience a night to remember. Brent periodically assisted in a most personal way. The end result was just a marvelous evening. Tod is a superb sommelier and pur cabernet he recommended augmented our meal wonderfully. The restaurant manager has put together and trained some of the best we have ever experienced!!!. After dinner we had drinks at the azul bar and claudio has a knack of making everyone feel like they are the most important person. His effervescence is infective and truly makes the azul bar a special place. Finally, william the executive chef has put together one of the tastiest menus we have tried. When in miami you must experience the mandarin oriental Azul restaurant!!!

Miami, Florida
“Chef's tasting for 8 not worth $1,800+”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2014

I booked a long weekend at the Mandarin Oriental for my husband’s milestone birthday. I was hosting a chef’s tasting for 8 in honor of him at Azul because of all the great things I had heard about it. It started off wonky; the manager said the florist had not delivered the center piece I ordered. I called the florist & they told me who they gave the floral arrangement to, and it was the very person I was speaking with who said they never delivered it. Luckily the florist’s driver saw where this person put down the flowers and I was able to look around and found them they set a very lovely table with the items I brought to be placed there. The wine was ordered, served and as usual an amuse buche came prepared by the Chef which was very interesting & good. No bread or whatever sort of nibbler that is normal to Azul was ever brought. It was to be five courses, between each course, it should be met with a short period of time, it was not meant to be. I choose the early dinner hour so that the restaurant was not to busy, they could have the time, fresh staff and inclination to attend to our table of eight. At this time overlooking the Miami Skyline at Sunset which was beautiful. The first course came it was very good, then about 20 minutes went by no one checked with us, the second course arrived, and then it took another 25 minutes for the third course to arrive. One waiter came running over to apologize for the delay (who was not ours) but the kitchen was very busy. We had to chase down the waiter for the second & third bottle of wine, during all this. No palette cleaners between courses. No attention to detail or anything that made you feels that they cared or had pride in their craft. Fourth course, my husband had to get up go to the front and ask them what was going on that it had been 30 minutes and the other course still had not been served. It finally arrived, no apologies, it was again good but was it worth all the waiting; I was embarrassed having my guest getting annoyed. The last course came, a little sooner but not by much, it was Ok only. They told me the Chef was not doing any desert since I had ordered and paid extra $45 for a cake. The Cake was beautiful and delicious. This was a Chef’s tasting, normally a tasting menu consists of a multi-course meal designed by the chef. At their best, & we are blessed to have had those at Le Bernadin NYC, Victoria & Albert’s Orlando, French Laundry Napa, Villa Marhana Bora Bora they are a delight, the give you a sampling of the restaurant’s best dishes, & give all your senses a complete workout. The bill came to over $1,800 which is not an issue had it been up to the level of any usual Chef’s tasting. We have not been back since.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank Ana B
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
“Peruvian Cuisine at its Finest”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2014 via mobile

Recommended by the Mandarin Oriental Concierge. Conveniently located in the hotel, it was simply great. I recommend any ceviche and instead of a large entree I had a salad and two appetizer dishes. Really delicious and worth the price.