“Valentine's dinner”

Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: SE 5th Street
Transit: Brickell Avenue
Description: Make it a day to remember. From birthdays and anniversaries to professional milestones, we aim to make every gathering special at The Capital Grille. Open seven days a week, The Capital Grille is best known for its expertly prepared steaks, which are dry-aged in house for 18 to 24 days and then hand-cut by our restaurant's on-premise butcher. The Capital Grille's wine list features more than 350 selections, and its floor-to-ceiling wine kiosk regularly houses 3,500 - 5,000 bottles. Reservations are recommended but not required. For more information, please visit our website. See you soon.
Reviewed August 22, 2016 via mobile

We had an excellent time. The food and service was excellent. The desert was very good too. It was an excellent location in Fort Lauderdale beach. We made reservations and they gave us a nice table. Reservations are recommended . I highly recommend it.

Date of visit: February 2016
Write a reviewReviews (1,329)

Reviewed August 22, 2016

From beginning to end, our experience at Capital Grille was exceptional! From the drinks, to the food...extraordinary service....can't wait to visit and enjoy again.

Date of visit: July 2016
Reviewed August 22, 2016 via mobile

Loved the food and atmosphere. Kind of slow service but understandable. Make sure to have reservation because might be very busy

Date of visit: August 2016
Reviewed August 19, 2016

For regulars living in Miami like myself The Capital Grill remains in my mind the benchmark for Steaks,good wines and great service,I visit between business lunches and often evenings as well .................Visiting with an out of town guest for dinner a few nights ago we were given the normal menu and the new Miami Spice menu which apparently is available in the evenings only.Duty Manager Sandra working that evening came to explain the new menu which is truly exciting and wonderful value for diners.The offerings include many of the favorite entrees made popular here as a three course evening menu with a small fee for additional offerings in special categories......I was delighted to learn that unlike many restaurant who offer this 2 month service menu that their portions are not reduced in size to save money,but are in fact full portions.

As an example my guest ate from the regular menu and on recommendation of Sandra who is also an accomplished chef herself,I choice the Spice Dinner Menu I believe is a very reasonable $39 per person for three courses............What do you get you might ask.

Choices of salads...............I choice The Blue Cheese Wedge with baby tomatoes sprinkled with Bacon,more than delicious....................followed by a beautifully cooked Bone in Steak and two generous sides,one creamy,dreamy mashed potatoes,the other fresh long green beans,both are included and if still hungry Sandra said they would offer more......................Finally a choice of desserts too.................no skimping on size,quality or presentation and I choice for the final course,Creme Brûlée......................Fabulous.

I cannot praise the staff who serve or those that cook a higher accolade than a hearty well done,over the years they constantly up the standard for others to follow and that is why I eat here so regularly,I am never disappointed and one nice feature if you become a regular the staff remember you by name and choices they know you like to eat,go and join the family like me its a great place to go.

Date of visit: August 2016
Reviewed August 17, 2016

Visited Capital Grille on my first day in Miami. I had the Gorgonzola and Truffle Crusted Dry Aged NY Strip which was incredible. One of the best steaks I have ever had. My only grumble is that the portions are so big I couldn't finish it!

Date of visit: September 2015

Been to The Capital Grille? Share your experiences!