“Good Food, but Service Needs Some Work.”

Versailles Restaurant
Ranked #31 of 4,389 Restaurants in Miami
Cuisines: Cuban
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine, Large groups
Neighborhood: Little Havana
Reviewed February 14, 2014

We had a large group of 20 and it was disappointing that they would not accept a reservation. I called ahead one hour and was told come on in we are empty. Well, an hour later that was not the case and we had to wait for about 25 minutes. The menu is diverse which was great for our group the night before our Ragnar Relay. It was shocking to see that they only assigned one server to a table of 20, which took nearly 20 minutes just to take a drink order and then another 20 minutes to order dinner. In all it took us nearly 1:30 minutes to get our dinner. The food was great, but they really need to work on service. Then again if you are busy all day I guess you don't really care. Be sure to check out the bakery next door, the desserts are splendid.

Write a ReviewReviews (4,807)

Reviewed February 12, 2014 via mobile

We were looking for good Cuban food and Versailles was recommended to us by a friend who had nothing but high praises, and he was right. Atmosphere good and enjoyable.
The menu is rather large and it takes a while to figure out what to order.
The service personnel and nice and helpful.
Usually with larger parties someone is bound to be unhappy but that was not the case here.
What was rather humorous was the "cafe con leche". Before we git a cup of coffee and a little milk. Here was a cup of milk and a shot of espresso. Tasted super never the less.
Given the chance again we will gladly return!

Reviewed February 12, 2014

Went for lunch on a hop on hop off bus tour of Miami with my wife on holidays. Excellent recommendation from our tour sales person. This was awesome Cuban food, authentic and fresh. The servers were all professional and knowledgable. Not sure if this is a family owned restaurant, but it sure felt like it.
Ordered the ceviche which was fresh and excellent. We shared a Cuban sandwich and a sampler plate that had chicharones, plantain, shredded beef, rice, black beans, tamale..I know I'm missing more. It was all awesome and we left stuffed, but not broke.
We also had to order mojitos, which were damn near perfect. Not too sweet, the right blend of mint and lime.
I would definitely come back if we come to Miami again.
We'll done Versailles restaurant. I now see why you have been in business for so long!!!

Reviewed February 10, 2014

My husband and I had a very enjoyable dinner here. We went early - around 6 - and the place was already full. Huge line later in the evening. They brought out bread (so good!) and we had Ceviche as an app (awesome!). We ordered a sample plate and Cuban sandwich - even the regular size was huge. Opted for coffee & dessert in the bakery which is on the premises: Cafe Cubano, cortadito, guava pasty and guava cheesecake. Excellent! Will be back!

Reviewed February 10, 2014

We ate at this restaurant with our Cuban friend who lives in Miami. It was a great experience. Food was not way better than other Cuban but I would definitely go back again. The desserts were very good. Flan, tres leches, chocolate torte were all very good.