“My Favorite Cuban Restaurant”

Versailles Restaurant
Ranked #31 of 4,282 Restaurants in Miami
Cuisines: Cuban
Good for: Large groups, Families with children, Local cuisine
Neighborhood: Little Havana
Reviewed May 13, 2013

This is a "must" stop for authentic (and delicious) Cuban food and atmosphere in Little Havana. The restaurant is VERY large but is broken up into smaller rooms. My favorite meal is their Slow Roasted Pork with Moros Rice...the stuff dreams are made of.
I eat here 8 - 10 times a year and most of the time, I have a large bus tour group with me. This restaurant can turn 50 - 100 people (and make them all exceptionally happy) in one hour AND can still accommodate all of their special requests (sauce on the side, no spice, special fish, etc.).
Don't miss the bakery...perfect for take home goodies or a fast lunch.
And a special note for tourists...I don't speak Spanish (or at least not beyond por favor and gracias) and the whole staff is unbelievably gracious when I ask questions about my order or trying new foods.

Reviewed May 11, 2013

After arriving at MIA at about 10 pm, we headed here for a very late dinner. They were open until 1 am, and the place was booming, even just past 10 pm. Started dinner with a Sangria, very good and just what I needed. Wonderful cuban bread was served while we waited for dinner. I had the ropa vieja ~ portions were ample, prices are reasonable, and service was quick and efficient. The Versailles has been in business a long time, with good reason.

Reviewed May 11, 2013

Beautiful restaurant where my lentil soup and World Famous Cuban sandwich were delicious and affordable. The building was air conditioned and greatly appreciated on this 87 degree day. The Cuban espresso at the end of the meal was the best! The 10 min wait was well worth it.

Reviewed May 10, 2013

We stopped in Miami on our way back from St. Barths. Our cab driver recommended Versaille for an authentic cuban experience. I don't know how authentic it was - but what a lot of fun. You have to wait in line for a table which is ok becuase the people watching is so good. Every Miami stereo-type is here - there was even a guy who never got over the Miami Vice look - sweet. Once inside, it is very cafeteria like, despite the chandeliers. The servers are a bit rude - but the food is cheap and the servings are very generous. We loved everything we ordered and particularly like the tripple cream cake we had for dessert. We will be back.

Reviewed May 9, 2013 via mobile

Their ceviche with sweet potato chips is amazing!!! Ive literally taken a plane just to get some! And the bakery next door (also part of the property) best guava pastelillos ever! And the rum cake??! To die for!