“Our must-stop in Miami”

Versailles Restaurant
Ranked #35 of 4,182 Restaurants in Miami
Cuisines: Caribbean, Latin, Spanish, Cuban
Good for: Families with children, Kids, Special occasions, Large groups, Local cuisine
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Breakfast, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Little Havana
Eden Prairie, Minnesota
“Our must-stop in Miami”
Reviewed April 17, 2013

Every time we visit Miami we MUST stop at Versailles. Classic cuban experience (at least for someone from the Midwest). They also have a little spot at the Miami Airport (MIA) and oh, boy, am I longing for another guava with cheese pastr!!! Warm, super flakey, and sooooooo yummy! I assume you can get this item in the bakery area of their restaurant on 8th also. Will make sure to do so next time.

A lot of large groups come here to celebrate. I think each time we've been there we've heard Happy Birthday being sung. Makes for a festive atmosphere you don't get in most family restaurants. They have smaller tables in other areas if you want something a bit quieter.

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Chicago
“Delicious Cuban Food”
Reviewed April 16, 2013

I found the service, atmosphere, and food to all be above average. I was there late on a Monday evening and it seemed like mostly a local crowd.

The waiter was attentive and helpful; the food was hot and tasty; and the cost was a great value in my opinion.

Visited April 2013
Mill Valley, California
“Is this an authentic Cuban experience?”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

This was my first time having Cuban cuisine. The restaurant was filled with Spanish-only speakers (even the staff); people sitting and chatting for long periods after their food was gone. Our 2nd waitress (who spoke some English) was very helpful and attentive. Since we don't eat pork, we settled on 2 of the most popular chicken dishes -cooked until very dry - that came with traditional sides of rice, beans and sweet plantains (the best part of our meal). The flavors were light, including garlic and onions, and a predominance of butter. It was a fun experience, but I'm certain that Cuban cooking can be better.

Wildwood, Missouri, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“2012 si, 2013 no”
Reviewed April 15, 2013

We researched Cuban restaurants and stopped at Versailles last year on the way down to the Keys, and we enjoyed it a lot, so we wanted to stop again this year as we once again headed down to Marathon, but I am sad to say I was very disappointed with dinner (although the bakery was once again delightful). Last year my husband ordered the pork roast dinner and it was great so this year I ordered a cup of chicken soup and the beef roast dinner. First of all the soup was not hot and the beef was a pressed meat concoction similar to the canned or frozen meat you bought from Banquet Foods from the 1970's (at least that was the last time I bought it) AND IT WAS ALSO WAS COLD. I was so terribly disappointed because we had been really looking forward to our return visit. Ellen in St. Louis.

San Juan Capistrano
“Very Popular Cuban Restaurant”
Reviewed April 12, 2013

This restaurant is about 4-5 miles inland from downtown Miami. There were people outside waiting to be seated, we only waited about 30 minutes, we thought it would have been longer. The restaurant has about 80-100 tables. I had the chicken dish and it was very tender and delicious. My daughter had the steak and that too was very good. My kids saw how some other tables were mixing the black beans with the white rice, they did the same and loved it. The flan was no big deal, Mexican Flan is so much better. The plates are large, so sharing is a good idea, especially if you order appetizers.
After dinner we went over to the cafe and bakery and bought some guava pastries for breakfast - sooooo good!!