“Thai Doughnuts!!!!!”

Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Atlanta, Georgia
“Thai Doughnuts!!!!!”
Reviewed January 7, 2014

The restaurant is small, but the poolside dining can't be beat. The owner of the restaurant was very welcoming and friendly greeting us throughout our stay.

The chicken teriyaki is awesome!

Visited January 2014

Cleveland, Ohio
“very nice Asian food”
Reviewed September 26, 2013

Stopped in here for a quick lunch after a meeting. The place was quiet but the atmosphere was very pleasant. It is located at one end of the hotel lobby in a somewhat secluded area.

Service was attentive and appropriate. The eggrolls were quite good, freshly cooked, and not greasy (unlike a lot of American Chinese places). The chicken curry and pad thai were both excellent. Although the chicken curry was a rather simple dish, the curry was really excellent. the pad thai was better than most I have had. Definitely a place to go back to when in the area.

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank GeneDoc57
Miami
“Definitely Made by a Non-Thai...”
Reviewed June 23, 2013

A lawyer friend of mine eagerly introduced me to one of his favorite lunch places at the moment - Atchana's at the Mutiny Hotel. He still laughs about the way I questioned the way about who actually cooked the food - one of the best cross examinations he ever heard, he jokes, as I got to the bottom of the matter; the Thai food is clearly not cooked by anyone who knows much about Thai cuisine, and as I guessed, not by anyone Thai. At least not when we were there.

The Thai food that doesn't taste like Thai went like this - I chose a shrimp roll starter, that everyone knows is usually a delightful affair of a shrimp and compressed lettuce wrapped up in a thin layer of edible (rice?) pancake and tastes of cilantro and lemongrass. Did this roll taste like that? No. Was it refreshing and delightful as they almost always are? No. The rice paper was too thin, the lettuce too copious and not tightly wrapped.

My entrée was chicken pad thai - passable but definitely not Thai tasting. My friend chose chicken scewers, which he was happy with.

We both liked our glasses of white wine - he had Chardonnay, I had Sauvignon Blanc. Probably house.

Good things about the experience - I very much liked that we had a table that faced the pool and was quiet, away from the main body of the restaurant. Which is a small restaurant anyway.

Service was slow, although there was next to no-one in there and the waiter was on friendly terms with my friend. I thought the furniture was a bit tacky looking too. Again, trying to look like Thai rather than feeling like authentic Thai.

The quietness of the location was one of the best things about it. A pleasant enough lunch, but would I choose to go there again?

Visited June 2013
Palm Beach, Florida
“A Small Place with Good Food”
Reviewed June 6, 2013

This place sits in a lobby corner of the Mutiny Hotel. The staff is friendly and the kitchen produces good food. Prices are reasonable. One morning the manager was doing everything, cooking, serving and bussing tables. The eggs were done to perfection and everything arrived together. Dinner was very good. The menu was Thai with the exception of a NY strip steak.
The food was tasty but they need to add some Chinese mustard for the appetizers. We had three enjoyable meals here.

Visited May 2013

Been to Atchana's East West Kitchen? Share your experiences!