“Don't stay here!”

Ranked #56 of 122 Hotels in Miami
Las Vegas, Nevada
“Don't stay here!”
Reviewed April 20, 2014

slippery. My wife slipped and fell. Hotel security was useless, we got harrased by a local pizza dilivery boy who would not leave our room after we told the front desk not to allow him up. The room and bathroom doors slam there so you can hear everyone's door close around you. We kept our do not disturb sign up and house keeping knocked on the door two seperate ocassions waking us up. I did not feel safe or welcomed there. Also parking is 25$ a day. Spend your money some place else please. Also an hour after checking in someone else used a key to get into our room, good thing we had the double lock on (apparently the front desk had assigened someone else the same room)

• Stayed April 2014
3 Thank Aroundtheworldtrav
Sig V, General Manager at YVE Hotel Miami, responded to this review, April 24, 2014
Good morning aroundtheworldtraveller

I must say I was somewhat suprised when I read your review. First of all, it is difficult to undersand how pizza delivery boys get to a guestroom since the only way the elevators can be accessed is with the use of a guest room key. The only time when they can actually get to a room is if the guest ordered pizza themselve and in those instances it is the guest requesting directly to the front desk that they be allowed to deliver the food to their room. We offer great food and beverage options and this type of issue may be solved in the future by not going through an outside delivery service as we can not control the level of service or lack there of they offer.

Also, slipping in the bathtub is something that we have little control of. Our tubs are non-slip and we offer bath mats in the event that a guest still wants to have the added friction to avoid a slip.

All in all, I am comfident that as many of our other guests have commented, our facility is very secure and the team offers above the standard customer service. If you decide to give the b2 another try, I know you will be very pleased.

Sig Varela

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (341)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Turkish first
Gold Coast
Reviewed April 19, 2014

I wanted to love this place but a few really important factors let me down. Service before my stay was outstanding, all my email queries were answered. We arrived and was given the key to a room already occupied by an elderly couple. Not pleasant for them to have someone walk into their room but reception were very apologetic.
The room was good, I liked the decor and it was very clean. Now the problem; at 10pm that night housekeeping decided to clean and vacuum the room next to ours then the hallway. The noise of a slamming vacuum cleaner running into walls and rubbish being cleared at 10pm by housekeeping is crazy. I went out and asked he to stop the vacuum which she did. Doors slam loudly and walls are paper thin. In short we got no sleep here.
On a good note the shuttle to port is only $6 and there is a nice restaurant on site.

2 Thank OzeeGirl
Good morning Ozeegirl

And thank you for your candid feedback. Though it's not a great score, I appreciaet hearing of experiences such as yours so we can look for ways in which to improve our delivery. I know that during your stay we experienced a high number of late check outs which pushed the cleaning of some rooms to later into the evening in preparation for other guests' arrival.

I know this is not an excuse, and again will make sure that when we encounter those situations we make sure the cleaning team moves about as quitely as possible.

Hopefully we can welcome you nack and turn your first experience completely around.

B well!

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed April 16, 2014

stayed for a couple of days, was impressed from the moment i arrived to my departure. Faced a challenge watching the valet upon my departure. To the young man who was being yelled at, great job keeping your professional level. To the front desk staff thank you for the smiles and the coffee was amazing, there is a CVS for all great stuff you need. Bayside is a great place to shop at for stuff you want to take back home, the weather was amazing and the room view was amazing. Will be staying here again on my next trip.

Room Tip: get the room with the view of the ocean, great view to wake up to with the sun rising.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
Good morning borntotravel, and thank you for the for such an amazing review. The title says it all. We are very appreciative of your comments with regards to the professionalism of our team. It is something we train on daily and are very proud of when compared to other area hotels.

Since you offered to return, I will hold you to that promise and hope we can meet in person the next time you visit Miami and b2.

B back soon!

Thornton-Le-Dale, United Kingdom
Reviewed April 15, 2014

We were booked into this hotel by our agent and after reading some of the reviews felt a little nervous. However, we had an excellent experience. The reception staff were very welcoming and extremely pleasant. The room was a very good size and the bed was just sooooo very comfortable, lots of pillows to choose from, large towels and a large shower to use them in. These along with quietness are what we look for in a hotel. We didn't hear a thing and it is the best nights sleep we have both had since we arrived in US. I was worried about the elevator after reading some of the reviews but not sure where they were coming from, it was absolutely normal. Sure at busy times they were busy but nothing out of the ordinary. We walked over to the market and the shops open at 10. Anyone going with children if you go to the Disney shop for the opening they may be lucky to get to waken Mickey by opening the door with a giant key.

Room Tip: I have only put very good for location although it is excellent for cruise ship guests.
2 Thank SusieB53
Good morning Susieb53:

Thank you for an awesome review of b2 miami downtown. We definitely have the most amazing bed package in the area as many of our other guests have commented. I have tried it myself and can testify about.

I am glad you commented on our elevators in such fashion. Truly, our elevators are equipped with the latest technology and move about in quite a speedy fashion. As in many other hotels the traffic changes through out the day and therefore can seem as they are slowing down. It is difficult for me to understand previous comments about waiting 30 or 45 minutes for an elevator since I myself have never experienced that while touring guests and colleagues through out the hotel even during peak check in and out times.

All in all, I thank you for your review and hope we can welcome you back soon. I will be a pleasure to meet you in person.

Reviewed April 15, 2014

stayed 5 nights with my friend, the room was clean, but the bathroom was small. Great location, $30 taxi from hotel to airport with the hotel shuttle bus. staff were nice. free wifi. overall it was worth the price

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank Sara S
Good morning Sara S

And thanks for your great review of b2 miami downtown. It is great to hear from our guests that not only did they enjoy the facilities, but that the team delivered outstanding service as well.

I hope we can see you back soon, and when you do, please stop by my office and say hello. It will be great to meet you in person and thank you for returning.

Until then, b well!

St. John's
Reviewed April 14, 2014

stayed one night and it was fine. room was clean, bathroom tiny. very comfortable bed, great location downtown, 5 min. walk to Bay side market place, not what I expected in a market place. 30.00 taxi from the airport, 6.00 p/p shuttle to cruise terminal, breakfast buffet 16.00p/p with limited choices and not very good quality. no problems with the elevators. overall a nice clean hotel for a one night stay,

3 Thank retired067
Good morning retired067

Thank you for a great review and your honest feedback. I am glad you enjoyed your stay enough to return and recommend b2 miami. I am interested in hearing more about your experience at breakfast since we have gone to great lengths in making sure our breakfast buffet offerings are as complete as they can be.

All in all, the team at b2 is thankful for review and look forward to welcoming you back. Hope that happens in the not so distant future.

istanbul
Reviewed April 13, 2014

Excellent location... Especially if you do cruise tour ... the rooms are spacious, clean and modern ... staff must receive training in human relations ... weak customer interest .. windows are small. Is easily accessible by train from the airport ...

Room Tip: Request large window room....
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank mehsur
Sig V, General Manager at YVE Hotel Miami, responded to this review, April 18, 2014
Good afternoon mehsur:

I am glad you enjoyed your time at b2 miami and benefitted from our great location. Please know that we receive all feedback with the most sincere appreciation. I have noted your comment about the staff and will review them with the team.

I hope we can welcome you back to b2 the next time you are in Miami.

B well!