“Nice hotel but hospitality is still a far goal to be met”
Review of YVE Hotel Miami

YVE Hotel Miami
Ranked #57 of 122 Hotels in Miami
Seattle, Washington
“Nice hotel but hospitality is still a far goal to be met”
Reviewed February 5, 2014

I spent a couple of nights at B2 for the marathon and still have some mixed feelings...

Pros.
- The location is absolutely its strength; it´s a walking distance from many places in downtown, restaurants, nightlife and more. American Airlines Arena is just a few minutes walking and our Miami Marathon start/finish line was also right there. The beach though, needs a $20-30 cab to be reached.
- Biscayne Tavern, the hotel restaurant located there is great, with a breakfast buffet enough for you to be started. Also you can have dinner with a decent menu. The staff there is very nice.

- Beautiful white rooms. They tried to get a minimalist atmosphere but it is so minimalist that I couldn´t find hangers for towels or shelves for my toiletries. You need to put the shampoo and soap on the floor while you have a shower, because there are no shelves there either.

- Sig Varela es the only person from the staff that has a customer-focus attitude. He was taking care of the lanes at check out time. Because the front desk is so inefficient, lanes are frequent there. I´ve just realized that he also replies these comments at TripAdvisor. That´s ok, but the main job to be done is working with the staff as I´ll share shortly.

Cons.
- There are only two elevators that definitely are not enough. Lanes of waiting people are part of the lobby´s decoration. A low floor is recommended.

- The staff at the front desk (many of them) needs some training about how to smile to the customers and let them know that they´re welcome, appreciated and valued. When you feel like you´re bothering a front desk person because you´re asking questions, things don´t work; front desk people need to smile and be proactive looking for a solution.

- This is funny: the services pamphlet that you can find in your room says that you can use the modern and minimalist Surface-like touch-screen TV in the lobby to print your boarding passes. Great, so I entered my flight information, checked in and clicked "print". Just after that, and the screen got frozen with my personal information in a TV right there in the middle of the lobby, by the elevators. I asked the front desk person if she could help me out with that and she replied that those TVs were not connected to any printer -sic- (I guessed that probably that was the reason for freezing...). Her attitude was so unfriendly and unwelcoming that I was about to get out of there and print it anywhere else better than looking at that scene. She finally printed out our boarding passes and I asked her if somebody could remove that personal information from the TV because the screen was frozen. She stood up without addressing any word, went to the TV, touched the screen like she was verifying the cow was dead and got back to the front desk. She said she could call anyone to fix it later. I replied that my personal info was there and I didn´t want people to see my stuff! Finally she decided to call the janitor man, who said (after verifying again that the cow was dead) that the only solution was to strip the TV off the wall... He was so rude... A screwdriver and a simple button could restart the TV. I could also understand what he shared in Spanish with his coworker (I speak Spanish). Again, so rude... What an experience...

- Some other people from the staff were also arrogant; I could see someone called Carlos yelling a customer because this customer was arguing with another one about the order in a lane. Carlos went behind the scope of his responsibilities and took part in a discussion were the hotel didn´t have anything to do; he even threatened the customer letting him know that was about to be kicked out of the hotel because he was called "rude". I honestly couldn´t find reasons to act like that.

- The last day, I decided to have breakfast before checking out. While I was waiting for the elevator in my room floor, I was asked by the housekeeping lady if I was to check out that day. I said yes and she asked me for my room number. I replied that I wasn´t ready to check out yet (I couldn´t get why she needed my room number, don´t they have info about the check outs??). She gave me some conversation while the elevator decided to stop or not. Finally she met her goals and got my room number. After that, while I was in the stairs (), I still was thinking about how inappropriate that conversation was.

- The first day I had two towels. The second day I could find only one. A mystery... They didn´t refill my shampoo.

In short, I won´t come back to this hotel. Good reviews, nice location and even an affordable price are not enough to hide the long way they need to run to be what they want 2B.

Room Tip: Lower floors so you can get out walking the stairs.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
3 Thank Marchador
Sig V, General Manager at YVE Hotel Miami, responded to this review, February 10, 2014
Good morning Marchador:

And thank you for your candid feedback about b2 miami and our team. As you know, we are in one of the busiest cruising and tourist destinations in the U.S. and that means that through out the week we can expect large groups of guests to arrive all at once. At times this does create lines at the front desk. However, we go through great lengths in order to prepare for this traffic and be able to expedite both the check in and out process. Several of our managers, myself included, are constantly in the lobby assisting and directing the guests precisely to avoid delays.

Though Carlos is one one of our strongest bellmen, mentioned repeatedly by guests on this forum, I will be sure to investigate the incident you mentioned to ensure we are still offering the highest level of customer service possible. Equally, I will address your comments with our front office staff and use it as part of our on-going training.

Thank you for your scores on location, sleep quality and rooms. If we can ever B of service to you again, please do not hesitate to call on me.

B well!

Sig Varela

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (343)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Turkish first
Perth, Australia
Reviewed February 4, 2014

Modern, comfortable and clean. Our flight arrived early, and we were able to check-in to a room 5 hours early! Great location out of South Beach, but still within a short cab ride. Was also a short stroll to American Airlines Arena to catch a game.

1 Thank AustTraveller2014
Sig V, General Manager at YVE Hotel Miami, responded to this review, February 5, 2014
Good afternoon AustTraveller2014:

And thank you very much for your nice review. I am glad you found all your needs and wants taken care of while at the new b2 miami downtown. As you mentioned, our location is just right for those who want to be in the middle of everything yet still not amidst the craziness of South Beach.

I hope this will be your choice the next time you visit Miami. We will B waiting for you!.

Dyer, Indiana
Reviewed February 3, 2014

Just stayed at the b2 Miami for 4 days while in town for the Miami Marathon. The hotel was extremely clean, the beds are very comfortable and the staff very friendly. The rooms are definitely on the small side; but we were not in the room. This is a great location for a pre or post cruise night; just not sure if I would do a 4 day stay again. Don't get me wrong; there are plenty of restaurants, shopping and other activities around, but I might be more inclined for a property with a pool or on the beach.

1 Thank JackV0611
Sig V, General Manager at YVE Hotel Miami, responded to this review, February 4, 2014
Good afternoon JackV0611

Thank you very much for your review and your comments regarding our staff, our levels of clealiness, our beds and our location. I am glad you found b2 miami to have most of what you are looking for in a hotel when visiting Miami.

We are currently working on some options to arrange for access to swimming pools close by, and I hope next time you come through Miami we already have an option secured for our guest.

Until we see you again, B well!

Reviewed February 3, 2014

Stayed in mid January. Nice renovation, clean room, great staff. Special thanks to Nathalie. They let me check in early. I like the downtown location. Many restaurants in the area. Some street people but I felt safe. I will stay here again.

• Stayed January 2014
Good morning pkhme:

And thank you for such a great review. Short and sweet as they say, but enough to include all b2 miami has to offer.

I am glad you enjoyed your stay, and I will take you up on your offer to stay with us again. Miami is where you should b2 after all.

B well, and ask for me the next time you come by.

San Diego, California
Reviewed February 1, 2014

Having read reviews prior to booking this hotel; yes, the elevators, hotel room and bathroom were small, but, were clean and comfortable. Also, since our stay was "post cruise," the size of our accommodations was a "non-issue." The bed was incredibly comfortable, complimentary morning coffee/tea was available downstairs, and there was free WI-Fi throughout the hotel. The lobby and staff do get very busy during "check-in and check-out" times, but, the staff and general manager were always courteous, helpful, and accommodating. They stored our luggage for us, printed documents for us, and secured us transportation to the airport. The location was fantastic. Close to the cruise ship terminal, Bayside Market (shopping & dining), tour buses, and the city's free above ground transportation. CVS, Marshalls, Ross, Seven/Eleven; are some of the nearby stores. Some of the rooms have awesome views overlooking the city and water, which only enhances the hotel's location. We would definitely stay again!

1 Thank M D
Sig V, General Manager at YVE Hotel Miami, responded to this review, February 3, 2014
Good morning M D, and thank you very much for such a great review. I am glad you found all of our services and facilities to meet your expectations and that you enjoyed your time at b2 miami downtown.

I'm glad we were able to help you with your luggage and your printing needs, and that your experience with us merits you returning to the property.

As you pointed out, the popularity of b2 miami makes it sometimes a buzzling place, and the team gets better every day at delivering exceptional service even in peak traffic times.

I hope to see you again soon in Miami, where you should b2!

Ludlow, Vermont
Reviewed January 30, 2014

b2 was a hotel located right across the pier and very near the metro. The hotel smelled clean, and the staff was friendly. I even got to check into my room early! The toilet area is a bit small, but beds were comfortable and nice large window with a great view from the 10th floor.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business
Good morning Brandytodt12:

And thank you for your review. You are correct, b2 miami has a great location. Thank you very much for your comments about our clealiness and staff. It's a great emphasis for our team.

I am glad we were able to check you in early and get you on your way to enjoying Miami.

I hope you stop by once again during your next visit to Miami. It will B a pleasure to welcome you back. Until then,

B well!

Genoa, Italy
Reviewed January 29, 2014

Rooms and service nice, restaurant good, big breakfast even of not included in the price.
One BIG issue: only two small elevators for 16 floors... At the check out we had (like many other guests) to wait for over an hour for the elevator to arrive and more than half an hour for the checkout..

Room Tip: If possible chose and external room..
1 Thank aldosegantini
Sig V, General Manager at YVE Hotel Miami, responded to this review, January 30, 2014
Good morning aldosegantini:

Thank you very much for your review and your great comments about our staff, our rooms, the service and our signature restaurant the Biscayne Tavern. We greatly appreciate your feedback and look forward to your next visit to Miami, where you should b2!