“Excellent Stay”
Review of YVE Hotel Miami

YVE Hotel Miami
Ranked #57 of 127 Hotels in Miami
Reviewed January 15, 2014

After a long day of travel a friend and I arrived in Miami without a place to stay. The reception staff at b2 in downtown Miami, particularly Stanley and Byron, were very welcoming and helpful in booking a last minute room. Our "captivating double bay" had a beautiful view of the the blvd. as well as the port. The beds were very comfortable and provided an excellent nights sleep, the water was hot with plenty of pressure, the room was clean, and again the view was beautiful. All in all b2 left us with a welcomed and wonderful first impression of Miami.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
Sig V, General Manager at YVE Hotel Miami, responded to this reviewResponded January 17, 2014

Good morning Elizabeth:

I am glad you enjoyed your stay at b2 miami, and especially the "captivating bayview room" you had. You are correct, the view is simply captivating. I will be sure to pass on your comments to Stanley and Byron. They are two of our very best.

I hope I have the chance to meet you the next time you visit Miami, where you should b2!

Reviewed January 15, 2014

This was my first and only time staying at a B2. When I arrived, I had to circle the block five times before the valets (who were just standing around) moved a car to make room so that I could pull in. Then the girl at the front desk was surly and in a bad mood. When I finally got to my room, the "city view" consisted of a tiny window at the side of the room with a view of the building next door about 3 feet away. The air conditioner was so loud that I had trouble sleeping. The security stop on the inside of the door was not bolted to the wall properly. Only one of the three screws were in place and it could easily by removed with very little force. I will say that the linen was clean and the bed was comfortable. I also enjoyed my experience at the Biscayne Tavern downstairs. Those were the only two highlights of my experience though.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled on business

Good morning kmkelly3

Thank you for your review and candid comments about b2 miami. I take them very seriously and will be using them as additional training for our valet and front office teams. As in many other large cities, traffic can sometimes be complex. Especially in downtown, it sometimes slows down the valet team's ability to move vehicles quickly out of the ramp. But know that I have heard you and will try to find a solution to your concern.

I am glad you were happy with our accomodations as well as our signature restaurant the Biscayne Tavern. It's really a great place to try some of "comfort food's" classics, while enjoying one of the over 30 craft beer options we offer.

I do hope you come back and when you do, please let me know, as I wil personally see to it that your experience exceeds all your expectations.

Until then, B well!

Reviewed January 13, 2014

I chose this hotel because it sounded special. The location was great since we took it as a one night stay a day before taking a cruise ship vacation. But really, it looked nice but in reality it did not live up to the image, hence the title of ' expensive motel'.

The first problem was the elevators- only two and one not working, plus there was no bell service that night, we arrived about 10pm. When we arrived in the room and ready to relax, take a shower, etc., there were no towels- I mean none! So we had to call the front desk and two towels were delivered.

Then we decided to order room service and they have an online service via TV, quite exhausting at the end of the night, but we did it. It was an unfriendly online tool. After about 30 minutes we called to find out why a club sandwich and salad would take that long- and we were told that the restaurant never received our order- even though the online screen said confirmed . Can you believe that? Anyway, the employee there was kind, took our order by phone and promised to rush our order. She did, the food arrived in record time and was good after all that.
The next morning, when ready to check out, the elevators were so slow and busy, we had to walk down via stairway in order to check out by required time. Not a good hotel to visit. Sorry!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Andrea D

Good afternoon Andrea D

Thank you your review and your comments about b2 miami downtown. I will be sure to look into your concern about your in room dining order and verify that our TV order system is working properly.

I can see from your comment that our bell service must have been assiting other guests when you arrived. Our bell team is on duty from 6:00am to 11:00pm and frankly is one of the strongest service assets in the hotel.

Though you did not find us to meet your expectations this time around, I hope b2 miami gets another opportunity to in the near future. Please feel free to let me know if you are returning and I will personally see to it that your stay is nothing but exceptional.

Reviewed January 13, 2014

Terrible experience at this "hotel" which to me I would call it as more like a motel!

Receptionist "seemed" to be on a really bad mood. She took more than 20min. to process my check-in at around 8PM where she wasn't busy at all! She walked away in the middle of the check-in process for about 8 minutes! God knows for what.....

In the room: Bathroom had a real bad smell during the whole stay! Towels had also a really bad smell! AC was not functioning well. It would only work on a very cold temperature. When trying to adjust the temperature to a little higher the room would get very hot! Walls were dirty and scratched all over! Wi-fi was super slow!

Vallet takes a long time to bring your car.

We went to the lobby restaurant one day and sat on a table. A few waiters passed by, saw us there and didn't bother to come greet us and bring menus. We left....

On the check-out day there was about 8 people on my floor waiting for the elevator. Every time that the elevator would stop at our floor it would be packed with people so we couldn't get in. After trying to catch the elevator for 30 minutes the majority of us gave up (including myself). We had to take the stairs from the 6th floor down to the lobby with a bunch of luggage. Once we get to the lobby we find a "sea" of people trying to check-in/check-out. Huge line, people everywhere seating and even sleeping on the floor. I had to catch a flight and could not wait forever to check-out so I quickly go to the side of the reception counter and ask the receptionist if I needed to stay on the line to check-out and she says no if I had the keys to give to her. I give her the keys and ask her to send me a receipt via email and she says okay. Guess what? The receipt never came!
It was a terrifying experience from the moment of check-in until the moment of check-out!

I wish I could post videos......

3  Thank jacksonleenyc
Sig V, General Manager at YVE Hotel Miami, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2014

Good afternoon jacksonleenyc:

By your comments I can see you stayed here during a the sailing of a very popular ship which hosts a 3 day cruise featuring top artists in electronic music. Unbeknow to us, the ship returned to Miami very early leaving a large number of early arrivals at our doorstep.

This did not make for the most pleasant experience as it congested the lobby for guests checkin out. Unfortunately we were not aware that the ship was scheduled to return in the early hours of that morning.

I have noted your other comments to review with our front desk team. It is not normal for us to see those comments as our desk staff is normally praised by our guest, but I will be sure to re-emphasize the need to be extra caring even in highly busy periods.

Please accept my invitation to return to b2 miami downtown. I know your experience was an isolated incident which we can remedy. It would be my pleasure if you did.

With regards

Reviewed January 12, 2014

So this is not for me. The highlights were that the view was great and the bed was very comfy but that's about it.

Staff didn't seem to be interested in being helpful, valet was slow and disorganized, for housekeeping to pick up the phone took forever, it was very noisy, etc. when I told them that I would leave earlier, instead of trying to understand why, they said they would charge me an extra night even though I wouldn't spend it at the hotel!!

You live and you learn right.

1  Thank Nerry_Luvs_Travel

Good afternoon Nerry_Luvs_Travel:

I appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review, even when it wasn't the most glaring one. I understand that your experience was not what you expected, and I wanted to let you know I am committed to changing that around.

It would be a great honor if you gaves us another chance, and I know you would get to experience all b2 miami has to offer, from it's service to the facilities. If I can ever be of assitance next time you travel through Miami, please do let me know.

Until then, B well!

Reviewed January 11, 2014 via mobile

This hotel was ok... It's truly a boutique hotel there are two elevators and that's a problem when they are booked up and on the ninth floor.... There is no concierge and the reception desk wasn't very helpful.... Because it's Miami you may want to brush up on your Spanish because all of the employees speak Spanish and struggle with English .... They also were unable to provide recommendations for dinner or lunch. The beds were comfortable and the room was clean. It was expensive to park a car and it took 25 minutes to retrieve it. But it was steps from the America airlines center which was nice there was shopping nearby which was nice.

Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Jasmine S
Sig V, General Manager at YVE Hotel Miami, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2014

Good morning Jasmine, and thank you very much for your review and for your candid feedback. b2 miami's focus is to provide the full service lifestyle hotel experience at a value. We have taken steps to replace some components such as the concierge, with our electronic Monscierge screens located in the lobby, which provide many of the suggestions our guest normally request.

I would definitely like to hear more with regards to the front desk team and what they were not able to help you with. That way we can ensure we cover those items in their ongoing training. You can email me directly at the hotel by visiting our website.

Again, I appreciate your comments and interest in making us better for your next stay.

B well!

Reviewed January 10, 2014

The hotel is beautifully remodeled, the room was very clean with nice, comfortable beds. The view from the bedroom was beautiful, overlooking Biscayne bay and the Port of Miami. The staff was friendly and helpful. The location is great, close to nice restaurants and right on the vibrant downtown area.
I will definitely come back and recommend it to everybody.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank MelissaAM79

Good morning MelissaAM79

Thank you for taking the time to place a review on our property. It is a pleasure to read it first thing on Monday morning.

I will be sure to share it with the team, as they too enjoy hearing from our guests that their efforts achieved the desired effect on our guests' experience. Please do not hesitate to contact me the next time you pass by Miami,

B well, and B back soon!