“My 1st trip to Miami”

Ranked #56 of 122 Hotels in Miami
Kansas City, Missouri
“My 1st trip to Miami”
Reviewed December 11, 2013

My fiance' booked a room at b2 for a birthday cruise I was taking that weekend with family. When I first heard the name of the hotel I was bit concerned because I had never heard of it before but I was thrilled when we pulled up to the hotel! It was very inviting and had a serious contemporary feel to it (which I loved). The front desk staff members were very helpful. The rooms were small but very nice. A big thank you to the manager for printing off information that I needed for my cruise! Would I stay there again...yes!

Room Tip: Our room was on the very top floor and gave us a great view of Bayside and the docking area for the...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Sig V, General Manager at YVE Hotel Miami, responded to this review, December 16, 2013
Good morning A2013R:

Thank you very much for your kind review and your comments about b2 Miami. I am glad you enjoyed our fresh approach to self expression hospitality. b2 Miami is the first for our brand, and has already started to make a mark in the area.

It was my pleasure to assist you with your boarding passes for your cruise. I hope I can see you B-ack soon. Miami is awaiting you..

Sig Varela

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (342)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Turkish first
Miami, Florida
Reviewed December 9, 2013

This place was horrible! To begin there is no parking attached to the hotel, we had to pay $30 a day for "valet" parking with the hotel. It also took the valet staff forever to bring our car back. The walls in the hotel are so thin you can hear people walking past your room from in the hall. The bathroom is SMALL and also there are still measurement markings all around the hotel. Inside of our room we had measurement markings in several locations on the very visible white walls. The location is good if you do not have a vehicle and you are taking a cab everywhere. But I feel like this hotel is not worth the amount of money paid.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Krystal M
Sig V, General Manager at YVE Hotel Miami, responded to this review, December 11, 2013
Good morning Krystal M:

I appreciate your candid comments about your experience at b2 Miami. As a local I'm sure you know downtown Miami is not privileged with extensive options for parking. Many of the hotels in the downtown area lack in-house parking garages. b2 miami strives to offer services to our guests despite this and we do so through one of the largest most reputable national valet companies. The established rates have been set by comparing them to those charged by other hotels and garages in the downtown area. I apologize for the retrieval time you experienced, and will make sure improve that for future guests.

B Well!

New York City, New York
Reviewed December 7, 2013 via mobile

Was pleasantly surprised by this hotel.

Location is down town and I like there being a CVS across the street.

Was in Miami for Art Basel and the prices were not overly jacked up.

Friendly desk staff checked me in. I was 4 hours before check in and was offered a room on a low floor with no view or I could wait and get a higher floor.

I waited an hour till around 1pm and was given a lovely room on the top floor.

The rooms are small, but comfortable and clean, the tiny bathroom didn't bother me. There was hanging space but no drawer space.

Aveda bath products are nice and plenty of towels.
No mini bar or water in the room.

Restaurant of the lobby was better than average.

I didn't have much contact with the staff but anyone I talked to was friendly and efficient.

Free internet was totally adequate, although a little slow at peak times.

Other reviewers mentioned long wait times for the elevators, I never had this problem.

I valeted my car ($25.00 per day) and the service was efficient and friendly.

I've paid a lot more money and stayed in a lot worse places.

I liked it I'll be back

Stayed December 2013
Sig V, General Manager at YVE Hotel Miami, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
Greetings from Miami markymann:

I am glad you enjoyed your stay at the newest favorite to Miami's self expression hospitality segment. We are really proud to bring the chic feel at an affordable level, which many have been waiting for.

As you mentioned, our location is second to none, and with so much to do in and around b2, there is no way to go wrong. I passed on your comments to our front desk and Biscayne Tavern team members.

Please look us up next time you are in Miami, we'll take you up on your offer to B back!

West Greenwich, Rhode Island
Reviewed December 6, 2013

it's not a big name chain. It is a small boutique-y place. I was here during Miami Arts Week - photographic installations in the lobby (charming!). Stanley behind the desk was ever helpful. My room was lovely. Two beds (one for stuff, since no dresser). VERY comfortable bed, pillows and comforter - as good as any business hotel I've stayed in. A nice window - overlooking the boulevard and palm trees, and yes, partly facing the building next door, but at night that building glowed a cool blue. The bathroom was very tiny, but I didn't mind a bit - I didn't entertain in there. The space for cosmetics, bottles, etc was quite limited, though. There was a long counter in the room, plenty of space. Nice full length mirror. The doors to the bathroom and closet annoyingly self-close, but there's an ottoman that props both open at the same time for those busy morning times getting ready. The fan is very loud and I couldn't get it to turn off (1/2 point off). True, the elevator is very slow - I saw someone in there with bags of trash...no service elevator? I was on the 5th floor and just took the stairs when I needed to get down fast (another 1/2 point off). I was here as overflow housing for a meeting - the price was the same as the Marriott Marquis...seemed a bit steep, given no concierge (Stanley and company did their best) and the other couple minuses. Nice location, lovely walk to the waterfront park, and Marketplace. Seems safe to walk around even at night. I wanted to schedule a massage, but you need to request this 24 hrs in advance. I would stay here again.

Room Tip: I suggest single travelers go with a double room and use the 2nd bed to spread out.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Dear gswgri:

Thank you very much for a great review. I am glad that you enjoyed our services and amenities, and I passed on your comments on to Stanley and the rest of the front office staff.

I see you were in town for business this time. As you well pointed out, b2 Miami brings all the amenities you would expect from a large corporate hotel, however we deliver this in a chic "B-outiquie" package that really creates a connection with our guests.

As a travelling business woman, if you come to Miami often, I would B glad to arrange for you a corporate rate, reserved exclusively for our repeat guests. You may contact me at the property to arrange for this. We'll be glad to take care of you once again, and you should b2!

Auckland Region, New Zealand
Reviewed December 4, 2013

Great service from friendly team of hospitality providers from room service to the tavern to reception and security, Made me very welcome as I travelled from New Zealand, Directed me to wherever I needed to go and only five minutes walk to the International book fair, Five minutes to the waterfront and five minutes to shopping, I would return to the hotel after my day out to be greeted with a seat in the friendly Tavern and to stroll up to retire to abeautiful clean room and freshly made up bed, Internet connection free and that kept me intouch with my family, Highly recommended

Room Tip: I had a room with a view to the waterfront, with two very large beds and a good sized ensuite,
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Sig V, General Manager at YVE Hotel Miami, responded to this review, December 6, 2013
Irene C; thank you so much for your review. I'm glad you enjoyed our property, it's services and amenities. I hope you'll be back to Miami soon, it's where you should b2!

Reviewed December 3, 2013

We stayed at the B2 Downtown Miami during the Thanksgiving week. The location of the hotel was superb with stunning views.
The room was very, very small. Our landline phone was totally dead. We informed the front desk but nothing got resolved during our stay, therefore we had to go down to the front desk from the 10th Floor every time we needed something. The room was also lacking washcloths the first night but we got some after complaining to the front desk (by going downstairs due to no phone situation).
I read on the hotel room book that there's a vending machine on my floor. I looked for it and did not find it. I looked on another floor and did not find it either. I walked down to the front desk (no phone in room) and the lady told me that there's no vending machine on the entire hotel. I mentioned that the hotel book said so which she found very strange. I went up and down again to show her what I was talking about. She said she would talk to the manager about that.
We bought some water at the local pharmacy and used the glasses in our room the first night. These glasses were never replaced and were left exactly were we left them every night. The ice bucket with melted ice was never replaced either.
The breakfast buffet was good although a little short. I asked for a mimosa and my server had no idea what I was talking about. I got it at the end after he spoke to the bartender.
I do have to say that the one excellent thing we found was the wonderful service from a guy called Stanley (or Stan) at the front desk while we checked it. He was absolutely great!
Overall, I don't think we will be back to this hotel again.

Room Tip: The standard room is extremely tiny. Ask for an East view towards the ocean.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Sig V, General Manager at YVE Hotel Miami, responded to this review, December 8, 2013
Good evening jamiesabina:

First of all thank you for your scores regarding our location, value, sleep quality and cleanliness. And for your compliments of our front office supervisor Stanly. He is one of our greatest assets at the desk and many guests enjoy his willingness to please at no expense.

Thanks to your comments, we replaced the batteries in your room's phone, and revisited standards for linen with our new housekeeping associates.

I am confident that with the adjustments we made you will truly think differently about our service. I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you B-ack.

NC
Reviewed December 3, 2013

We stayed at the b2 Miami before a family cruise, the weekend before Thanksgiving.

Lets start with the good. Our room was large, spacious, and obviously newly renovated. We had one small window, but it had a wonderful view of the port. The bathroom was large, and clean lined, with a great shower, and a large vanity which was very good for a family of 3.

Now the bad. Houskeeping staff will not replenish anything. We have 3 ppl sharing a 1 oz bottle of bath gel for 3 days. How long do you think that lasts?? They take wet linens (Bath Mat) the first morning, and never replace anything. The HVAC in the rom basically has 2 settings, frigid or heat

There are 2 elevators to service the entire hotel. there does not seem to be a service elevator, so the staff and their giant trolleys will share with you. The elevators are incredibly slow, and seemed to stop at every floor on the way to the lobby. By the end of the weekend, I decided that ppl must hit the button, wait and finally give up, and use the stairs. Unfortunately were were on floors 16 and 15 (multiple families). I did see other rooms that others in our group were in, and some were postage stamp sized with bathrooms akin to a cruise ship, so we definitely lucked out.

When we arrived in Miami after a 13 hr drive from North Carolina, we pulled up to the front of the hotel, but there was no where to park or unload our luggage. I call the front desk, and requested assistance, and was told there was a valet wiring to assist guests directly out side, but there was no one. Since we were backing up traffic on route 1, we decided to circle around the block. I described where I was to the desk staff, and told her I was at the corner of NE 2nd St, and should I turn here??? i was told emphatically not to turn onto 2nd St, only to end up driving around and around miami, until we ended up turning onto NE 2nd St, alongside the hotel, where the valet stand was located ??!!##??

Next issue is the from desk staff. They are incredibly disorganized, I travel a bit for work, so I had never quite seen anything like this before. There would be 2-3 ppl behind the desk, but only one person assisting guests. There was one gentleman i saw repeatedly at the desk all weekend. It seemed his only job was to stare into a computer, an occasionally look up to let us know some one would be with us shortly. Most of the time there were at least 5 or more ppl in line, and a times the line was all the way to the door, but there was never any attempt made to speed up, or have more than one person assisting, or checking in guests. I would have talked to them about the housekeeping or air issues mentioned above, but honestly did not want to deal with the lines.

Next let's talk about the valet service. They charge you $25 a day for valet parking, which is inline with the rest of the hotels in the area. I can't complain about the price. I can however complain about standing around for 30 - 45 minutes waiting for my car, when we had called ahead from our room, asking for the car to be available at such time….. We even attempted to tip $10 a pop just to try to get their attention, but no luck. Monday morning we had 3 cars which we needed at 10AM, to load up, and drive all 13 of us to the Port. my Father in Law had arranged early in the morning with the staff, that he wanted the 3 cars at 10AM. We stood, waiting for 45 minutes, no cars. Finally the head Valet walks over and says, 'your cars are next - I need you to load up quickly and leave' !!??!! Really?? after standing there, no cars. piles of luggage everywhere, and they have not even produced one car yet????

Seriously, there are better places in the area. Go somewhere else.

Room Tip: Choose another Hotel!
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
Dear basisdiva:

I can see by your description you stayed in one of our chic bay double rooms. They are indeed very spacious, with a large bathroom and great views of the bay.

I am sorry you experienced some inconvenience with our housekeeping services. I have discussed your comments with our team to make sure we follow the specifications for handling linen according to our green .

We also made some adjustments to our valet staffing to ensure the car retrieval time is reduced down to less than 20 minutes. We implemented this new guideline approximately 2 days after your departure and so far it has been working very well.

I hope we have the opportunity to service you and your family once again. I am confident that with the changes we've made you will enjoy your stay to the fullest.