“Amazing Hotel”
Review of YVE Hotel Miami

YVE Hotel Miami
Ranked #60 of 128 Hotels in Miami
Reviewed November 19, 2013

The hotel is amazing its huge and beautiful and its a great location, the staff was excellent, room cleaned all the time. Bayside market place is crossing the street and yuo can go walking to Miami Arena... is located in a great area.

1  Thank SaraSantodomingo
Sig V, General Manager at YVE Hotel Miami, responded to this reviewResponded December 8, 2013

Good evening Sara Santodomingo:

Thank you so much for a great review. The team at b2 miami downtown really appreciated the title of your review. I truly believe that it's the people that make of b2 an Amazing Hotel.

Next time you visit, I have a favor to ask..... you must bring with you some mofongo and longaniza. We have some team members from the DR, including yours truly.

B well and B back soon!

Sig Varela

Write a ReviewReviews (2,869)

Reviewed November 18, 2013

I stayed in B2 for two nights for a business trip. I have traveled many times to NYC and enjoy staying in unique hotels instead of the large chain hotels. Although small, the hotel was clean, modern and comfortable. For my travel needs, the location was perfect. I was able to walk to food, shopping and work. The staff was pleasant and the tavern located in the hotel had good food at reasonable prices. I will be staying here again for leisure and business.

Room Tip: Make sure to request a room with a view...or you will simply see a concrete wall.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business

Hello Kcooke4:

I was very happy as I read your review. You are 100% correct. b2 miami offers a completely different, lifestyle & self expression, hospitality experience. It is definitely unlike that of large chains with their standard approach.

If you visit Miami often for business, we can arrange for you to receive corporate rates, which are reserved for companies and individuals that stay with us frequently. Be sure to contact me directly at the hotel if you are interested in receiving more information.

I hope I have the pleasure of meeting you next time you come by. Until then, B merry!

Reviewed November 18, 2013

I got this hotel and it was conveniently located across the street from the arena where there was a Miami Heat game that I had court-side tickets for that night. I arrived at the hotel around 6:45, the game was at 7:30. We valeted and went to check in, change and walk across the street to our event. When we went to check in, the front desk clerk told me there was a problem with the hotel and they didn't have a room for us. Then wanted to move us to a hotel 16 blocks away. They didn't offer to comp the room or anything. Additionally, they wouldn't even comp us our valet to leave the cars there. We then had to wait for about 25 minutes for valet to bring our cars so we can go to the other hotel. Needless to say, by the time we arrived at the hotel with the traffic surrounding the area, checked in and got to the game, we arrived at the beginning of the FORTH QUARTER!! I was appalled! Never had I been inconvenienced in such a way and with no consideration for our plans and the money we had spent. I will be writing many letters and making many phone calls about this. I'm not a complainer and don't make a habit out of leaving bad reviews, but this was just an unbelievable and terrible experience.

Room Tip: Book another hotel
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends
2  Thank CMRuiz6
Reviewed November 17, 2013

We booked this hotel for two nights before our cruise. It is close to the marketplace , a drug store and a number of restuarants. Great location. Our room was booked with a city view however the only thing we saw out the window was a concrete wall seven feet away that was the side of a building. The room was Extremely small but we could handle that. It was the bathroom that was unbelievable and makes you wonder how that met code. There was no more than 12 inches from the sink to the toilet and after a shower you must dry off in the tub. I was grateful that they let us check in early and maybe that was the price we paid for early checkin. If I were to stay there again I would really ask about the room. Two other couples also checked in and one room was like ours and the other was of normal / acceptable size. This is a new hotel and it was obvious that they were working out the bugs. Check in and check out was very long and the lobby was packed full of people waiting. They need to hire more help.

1  Thank talleyho234
Sig V, General Manager at YVE Hotel Miami, responded to this reviewResponded November 18, 2013

Good morning Talleyho234:

Thank you very much for your candid feedback. Indeed we have several different types of rooms and I am sure you would really enjoy them. They are more spacious rooms, overlook Biscayne Bay, and include glass shower in the bathroom. There are very popular with our cruising guests as they have plenty of room for their luggage. These types of rooms are known as"Captivating or B Enhanced".

Please let me know the next time you are visiting and I'll make sure you are assigned one of these room types. It would be great to meet you in person.

Until then, B Well!

Reviewed November 12, 2013

We stayed here for only one night as we were sailing off to a Disney Cruise and it really is one of the best hotels in Miami, I have stayed downtown before but for $600+ a night, this hotel out did the others for a fraction of the price. The restaurant downstairs is also amazing, so good we had dinner and breakfast there! Customer service was outstanding! We were a family of 4 with Kids- the 2 Queen Size bed room was just perfect! I would recommend this stay to anyone especially if you’re looking for a hotel near the cruise port, or just looking for a great stay in Downtown Miami without having your wallet take the "Miami Hit"..

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Monica V

Good morning Monica V;

Aand thank you for a great review. I'm glad I got to meet you and your family, and I hope you enjoyed your cruise. Please do not hesitate to contact me if and when you pass by Miami again, after all this is where you should b2!

Reviewed November 11, 2013 via mobile

We stayed at b2 for 1 night before our flight home to uk. When we arrived it soon became apparent that a music concert was taking place that evening in the park opposite the hotel - the sound checks extremely loud and gave us a taste of what we where in for that evening!
The hotel has valet parking only, there is no self parking available. The valet staff are very friendly however I find it quite inconvenient having to wait for the car everytime we want to go out.

The first room was located on 4th floor, you can hear quite a lot of noise from the street below. We also realised we had been placed on a floor with large number of teenagers going to the music gig that night - we asked to change floor and get a quieter room- the staff where helpful and moved us to floor 12.

Floor 12 was much better, amazing views, we had a corner room with two windows. The bed was extremely comfy and it had a good shower - although I think it's the smallest bathroom I have ever seen!

That evening we went to the Cinema because the music was so loud. When we came back the concert was winding down - however it wasn't till about 2am that the shouting, sirens and car honking stopped.

Overall the room was great ( although a bit small), the location is great being right across the road from bayside. But if you want a quite stay then request a room on the top floors and ensure there are no events taking place during your stay.

• Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank dazed_dizzy

Greetings from Miami dazed_dizzy:

Thank you so much for your review of b2 miami downtown. We are really appreciative of your scores regarding our location and cleanliness. I was also glad to see that the staff was able to handle your request for a room change to a higher floor, away from the concert that was taking place at the Bayfront Park across the street.

It was indeed an interesting night with the electronic music concert happening so close to us. I'm sorry this brought you some inconvenience. Hopefully, we wont have such a large event going on at Bayside the next time you visit b2 miami.

Thank you for choosing b2 and until the next time.

Reviewed November 9, 2013

My wife and I stayed at the b2 Hotel for a couple of days before a cruise. Our experience was mixed, with most of the negatives relating to how small everything was. A detailed review follows
We booked the hotel through Hotwire. The price, $112 a night before taxes and fees, was good for a three star hotel in downtown Miami over the dates we chose. And, for sure, the location of the b2 can’t be beat. The hotel is right across the street from the water and the Bayside shopping and restaurant complex. The hotel is also just a few blocks from American Airlines Arena, where the NBA champions Miami Heat play. And, of course, the b2 is just a short cab ride to the Miami cruise port.

When we first checked in, we walked in to our room and were overpowered by the smell of tobacco smoke. The hotel is advertised as nonsmoking, and threatens to fine you if you smoke in your room, so we went back downstairs and complained. The manager immediately gave us another room, and that room smelled fine, so that was good. We also had a problem because the airline we had flown with had temporarily lost one of our bags. The bag was delivered to the hotel very early the next morning, and the hotel staff brought it up to us when we called down. So, generally, we were happy with the b2 staff.

Physically, the hotel was nice, but everything about it seemed just a bit too small. The lobby is small, and seemed even smaller given the large number of persons in it most of the time we came and went. The front desk was small, and it took a while for us to get checked (in even late in the evening) and to get checked out upon our departure. The b2 has only two elevators, and they were a bit small for the number of persons using them. Again, at times we had to wait quite a while for the elevators, and sometimes they were too full to get on.

We had a room with two double beds. The room we were given was small, particularly by American standards; I measured the room as about 14 feet by 11 feet (not including the short entryway or bathroom). If you have spent any time in Europe, think European size rooms (or NYC size rooms!). There was very little open floor space around the two double beds, and no place really to open up your suitcase other than on one of the beds. There was very little storage space – the closet space was very small, and, surprisingly, there was absolutely no cabinet or drawer space in the room. So you have to live out of your suitcase, and I would not want to do that for more than a day or two at most! Even the windows in the room are on the small side.

The bathroom was also quite small – there was a toilet, a small sink, and shower-tub combo, and only a small floor space in between all that, basically just enough space for one person to stand in. And also no storage or counter space to speak of in the bathroom.

The décor of the room was pleasant and modern, and the room we had was updated recently. The room was clean enough. Still, the tub in our room had a chip in it that was about an inch and a half in diameter, odd for such a new remodel.

Our room was well soundproofed. We did not hear any noise to speak of from the neighboring rooms. There was also little noise to speak of from the hallway, which was good, particularly considering that we were close to the elevators. The cooling system worked well – new and responsive. And that is important in Miami! The in-room hairdryer worked well, as did the in-room safe and the in-room iron and ironing board. Of course, the safe itself took up a good amount of the little shelf-space that existed in the closet. The room had no coffee maker, but they offered complimentary coffee in the lobby each morning.

As a final note, we wanted to leave our bags for a couple of hours at the hotel after check-out since we had some time to kill before embarkation on our cruise ship. But, you guessed it, the hotel’s luggage storage area was too small -- and there were bags already overflowing into the lobby. We certainly did not want our luggage sitting out in that crowded lobby, where anyone might take the luggage!

In sum, we would go back to the b2. But it would have to be at the right price, i.e., really inexpensive. And we would only go for a one night stay, not longer!

3  Thank Paul5795

Paul5795

Good day Paul5795:

First of all thank you for your candid review. We are definitely a non smoking hotel, but as you can imagine, many guests violate that policy without regard for the next guest staying in that room. We do go through great extent to clean and purify the air in the room once that guest has left, but sometimes there will still be some remnant of the odor for a few hours after check out. You have my commitment that I will continue to look for other solutions to help avoid this in the future.

I am happy to see that you found all of our amenities in working order and to your satisfaction. Please know the tub in your room has since then been repaired and is now once again like new.

It would be great if we had another chance to have you so we can arrange to place you in one of our B Enhanced or B Captivating rooms. They are more spacious than our Chic room, and I know you would feel very comfortable in one of them.

I trust you will seek us when you returning to Miami.