“Cute spot, nice location”
Review of YVE Hotel Miami

YVE Hotel Miami
Ranked #56 of 122 Hotels in Miami
Decatur, Georgia
“Cute spot, nice location”
Reviewed August 30, 2013

We got a deal for b2 Miami downtown through one of the deal sites, and booked a one-night stay. For the location, it was a great deal. Check-in was seamless and the staff was attentive and helpful, giving old school style service with bellboys and all. The lobby and room were clean and well appointed with contemporary furnishings, as was the restaurant.

The hotel is directly across the street from Bayside seaport, and aside from the stores and restaurants inside Bayside, there are other restaurants and small stores within blocks of the hotel, all within walking distance.

Drawbacks include the fact that parking is $25/night, but in that vicinity it's understandable; also, the valet desk is located next to the garbage disposal so it's not always pleasant waiting in that spot. Note that, while there are ice machines on some floors, there are no water/soda dispensers and ordering a bottle of water from room service will cost you a whopping $4 for a bottle of Voss. If you do get room service, try the wings. They were pretty good.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank YogaLegs
Sig V, General Manager at YVE Hotel Miami, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Good afternoon Yogalegs;

Thank you much for a great review. I really appreciate your nice comments about the team at b2 miami giving you 'old school style service. That's like music to my ears.

With regards to our valet parking rates, you're 100% correct, the downtown area hotels range from $25 to upwards of $35 a day plus tax. We priced ours at the lower end of the range.

I hope we have a chance to welcome you b-ack soon. Until then, B well!

Sig Varela

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (341)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Turkish first
Kansas City, Kansas

Good valet service.
Friendly and helpful staff that accommodated our late check-out request.
Pretty and clean decorations.
Good sized bedroom, fantastic bed and view.
Small but neat bathroom (European style compact).
No pool.
Good location.
I'd certainly stay again, I didn't have one problem with the place (except for the pool).

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank ben k
Good afternoon ben k

And I really appreciate your review. Thanks for your comments about our rooms, the clealiness and decor, and the Blissful Bed. If you are ever interested in buying one, let me know and I'll send you the information.

I hope to see you back in Miami soon, it's where you should b2.

Cornwall, New York
Reviewed August 30, 2013

Loved this place and would stay again. Bathroom a little small but a clean and beautiful modern hotel. Took our kids 10 and 12 and we were comfy and happy. Also great location and 5 min from cruise ships. Easy 9 dollar cab ride there too. Close to shops and restaurants and water

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank buckeyelove
Greetings from Miami buckeyelove

I am glad you and your kids enjoyed your time with us. Thank you for commenting about our location, clealiness and chic boutique decor. And thank you for posting the picture as well.

I hope we can host you again when you return to Miami. It will B our pleasure!

Conover, North Carolina
Reviewed August 29, 2013

Recently renovated, very close to the port of Miami. Although the renovations look nice at first glance, they seem a bit cheap to me. Some places in the room aren't very clean, such as the corners and underneath the sink. The room I stayed in was extremely spacious, though. I would stay here again for a pre-cruise hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank lovelythorns
Hello lovelythorns;

Thank you very much for your review. I noted your cleanliness comment and will bring it up to our team's attention. Though it seems to be an isolated incident, as compared to many of our other reviews, we still take each comment and look to improve on it.

It would B great to have you return to b2 miami. If I can help in anything the next time you visit, please do not hesitate to ask for me.

B Well!

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed August 28, 2013

My stay was back in April during their renovations and as such the place was a little untidy throughout the lobby and the hotel itself had no outside signage making it nearly impossible to find.

The staff were friendly and helpful. I dont mind that room had no mini bar however there were no other conveniences available within the hotel, especially with the bar closing quite early. Whilst there is a 7/11 down the road, walking around downtown miami at night isnt exactly a nice or safe experience, something that the hotel should keep in mind for providing something as simple as a vending machine for bottled water & snacks.

The room itself whilst tiny and barely any room for my suitcase, was nice and the bed very comfortable.

The hotel is exceptionally close to the waterfront area and a very short walk to the American Airlines Arena for the basketball.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank Matt T
Sig V, General Manager at YVE Hotel Miami, responded to this review, August 29, 2013
Dear Matt; we need to bring you B-ack to b2 miami. You will be pleasently surprised when you see the results of our multi million dollar transformation. When I remember those days during our construction and compare to where we are today, I can't help but smile. We've come a long way. All of our amenities are now in place, the Biscayne Tavern is now open on extended hours as is our in-room dining, the spa suite is in operation, our fitness center is complete and functioning. We are, as they say, in full operation mode.

I really appreciate you taking the time to share with us your experience. I hope to welcome you back to b2 for a second round, which is sure to show much improvement. Please look for me when you return and until then, B well!

Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed August 28, 2013

We stayed here on our recent trip to Miami. We loved the modern feel to it and the room itself was a decent size. We did find the bathrooms to be tiny and the door kept shutting on its own which made me a bit claustrophobic when using the mirror to apply makeup etc. The staff are also very helpful and the hotel will store your luggage if required. The hotel is conveniently located across the street from the Bayside Marketplace with several tour companies operating from there as their starting point. Great value for your money! :)

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Good morning mellifluously_me ;

Thank you for your feedback and for staying at b2 miami downtown. I am glad we exceeded your expectations and happy to share your comments and score with the rest of the team.

I hope next time you visit Miami you will be B-ack! As you mentioned, our location is in the center of it all and you should b2.

Until then, B happy

Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

I love the hotel, the location, the cleanniness and the hotel staff was amazing! The only thing it needs some major work are the bathrooms. You can't barely standup on it! Too small for someone to do anything in there. I would comeback to this hotel again if I was going to a concert at the American Airlines Arena. It's only two blocks away from the hotel you can walk to the venue. The Tavern restaurant inside the hotel offers a great Buffet breakfast till 11:00am. If you decide to stay at this hotel, defenatly get the bigger room, can't imagine what the small looks like, Specialy the bathroom! The Valet parking guys need a better system to keep people's keys at the facility when one shift leaves for the day and the next comes in. Waited almost 1 1/2 hr just for vallet to bring my car to me at the end because they were looking for the key.
Overal is a great Hotel to stay!

• Stayed August 2013
Good morning Fabiana

Thank you very much for your comments, you are too kind. We read your review in front of our morning team today and some of them even remembered you . They send their regards.

I appreciate your feedback with regards to our valet service. I have addressed this with the team and we are making some adjustment to avoid that from happening again.

I trust I will have the opportunity to welcome you back to b2. For the next concert, your first craft beer at the Biscayne Tavern is on me. Until then, B well!