“Miami Get....Away”

Ranked #55 of 122 Hotels in Miami
Memphis, Tennessee
“Miami Get....Away”
Reviewed June 11, 2013

My fiancé and I arrived at the B2 Miami on a Thursday. We paid $25 for valet parking each night during our stay. The hotel has a great location. It has just been renovated. The bay is very close as well as many restaurants and the downtown scene. You can see American Airlines Arena right down the street. There are 16 floors I believe and a restaurant on the inside ranging from $15 to $35. We entered our room and it was a bit small but beautiful views and it was clean. We visited the outdoor mall close by next to the bay. The town was busy with the Miami Heat game going on. The next morning, we awoke to the sound of someone opening our door. Luckily we had put the latch out so that the door could not be completely opened. The person said "sorry wrong room" closed the door and left. We both looked at each other and said to ourselves "that was strange." We left for breakfast and arrived back a little later. When we returned, our room was not cleaned, the bed had not been made, and we did not have any new towels. So we called and asked that this would be done and were assured by the front desk it would be taken care of within an hour. We left and went out until sunset. When we returned....guess what....the room still had not been cleaned and we did not have new towels. We were tired after a long day and called the front desk and advised our room had not been cleaned and asked for towels. The front desk attendant asked if we would leave so that they could clean the room. We declined as we were tired and wanted to shower and relax. A gentlemen brought up new towels and we let the room service slide since we were not going to leave for them to clean. The next day we got up early to get to the beach. We assumed our room would for sure be taken care of that day but to everyone's surprise after returning 9 hours later, the bed was not made and no new towels to shower in and the room looked exactly how we had left it. My fiancé was very upset, so we called the front desk and complained that the room had not been cleaned not the day before or that day. The front desk attendee got very defensive while we were on the phone with her. She asked us after we said we were very upset "Do you want to get off the phone now?" and afterwards explained she meant it to mean that we did not want to talk to her because we were upset. Get this....while we were on the phone with the front desk attendant there was a commotion at the door....someone was sliding a card. It was another guest who had just arrived at the hotel. They too were staying at the B2, but someone gave them a key to our room. It was a couple just like us. The man and woman were very distraught. Why? Because I had on nothing but my underwear when they entered. And yes we were on the phone with the front desk when this happened. So not only once but twice had someone attempted to enter our room and once were successful. Luckily these people were honest and had no motives or intentions. After the couple shut the door I put on clothing and went outside and they showed me a room key with our room number on it. They also stated that they had talked to someone else downstairs that had the same thing happen to them with someone being given keys to their room. So....to summarize, the hotel itself is nice, the location is excellent, the restaurant in the hotel is pretty good; however, if you are concerned about security and a staff that competent and is able to do what you at least would expect, you may be disappointed. And I called corporate office at 9:00AM this morning to complain and was told I would receive a call back and.... surprise! No one has called me back. B2 what are you doing????

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
6 Thank P B
Sig V, General Manager at YVE Hotel Miami, responded to this review, June 13, 2013
Dear P B

I have reviewed the comments on your stay and would like to apologize for the areas of service that did not meet you expectations. I appreciate your initial comments with regards to our cleanliness, and will be addressing the subsequent issue with servicing the room.

Please know that all of your feedback is well received. I would very much appreciate the opportunity to speak with you in depth about your review so I can gather more information and implement the right solutions. You can reach me directly at the hotel. I truly hope you give us that opportunity.

Sig Varela

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (343)
  • Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed June 11, 2013

We stayed at our preffered Hotel for two nights and found the need to stay an additional night so we decided to try a location closer to town.Read the reviews picked this one. The room was small ,the bathroom even smaller , the closet was a dark cubby by door. Had an iron and a place for an ironing board but no board. The room had no dresser of any kind or drawers in which to empty the contents of suitcase,had to use the one chair and small stool/bench for our bags. For the ladies forget anything that could be used as a vanity. Other little things no tissues no coffee maker.Now for the review,pulled up to the $25 a day valet parking and after being welcomed back to the Hotel had to turn around from elevator and remind them my car was on street with the keys in ignition. Had to get ice the hotel dirrectory show the locations of ice/vending machines,found ice but no vending. WiFi was intermittent used my cell, cable TV was hotel standard. Found had no hot water at shower time,called front desk after fixing house phone and was told they knew and were working on it. hot water was on at 1:30 am. At checkout again reported all the issues and asked about ice/vending and was told they don't have vending.The person on duty said they would pass the info on to management. Only highlight nice kingsize bed. Hope this will be helpful.

Room Tip: Better locations nearby
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
6 Thank lighthawk54
Dear lighthawck54;

Thank you very much for your review and your feedback. Know that we are taking it all into consideration to improve our operation. With our recent renovation our guest rooms indeed received a fresh and chic look which is somewhat different from the classic hotel with classic furniture.

I have also taken note of your comment with regards to our WiFi and want you to know that we have already started to place additional routers to ensure our extensive bandwidth reaches all the areas of the building equally.

I do hope you give b2 miami downtown another opportunity to exceed your expectations. You can contact me directly at the hotel and I will arrange for a special courtesy on your next visit. I look forward to hearing from you.

Dallas, Texas
Reviewed June 10, 2013

We stayed at B2 for 1 night. It was a horrible stay from the moment we walked in until the moment we left. The staff was very rude to my friends and I. Part of our issue was that we reserved our stay for 2 nights and decided to only stay 1 night. Our rate went from $99 a night to $139 a night. Pretty sure you can't just change the rate like that after a certain rate is booked. Jasmin at the front desk had an attitude the entire time and was very rude. The room was very nice and clean, but very small. The bathroom was about the size of a motor home bathroom. The wifi didn't work in our room for some reason, so we were moved to a room with an AC that didn't work. Housekeeping asked when are we leaving multiple times. She knocked as she opened the door and my friend was wrapped in a towel. This was also 2 hours before check out. Don't stay at this hotel!!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
8 Thank MalPal17
Dear malpal17;

We greatly appreciate your ratings on our cleanliness, location and quality of sleep. Your comments with regards to service are also well received and valuable to us in order to improve our delivery.

If you travel to Miami often, I hope you contact me directly the next time. b2 Miami has much more to offer and I will ensure you receive a true depiction of our service delivery.

Until then, b well!

San Francisco, California
Reviewed June 1, 2013

After a long trip from San Francisco, Ca, this was like heaven. The king size bed, the modern, classy decor, aveda products, and an awesome city view. Conveniently located...biscayne marketplace is across the street, which is an outdoor shopping center w great places to eat. I ate at Biscayne Tavern at the hotel and recommend the Ahi Burger...yum!!! Kevin is a fun person to chat with, friendly...makes you feel welcome. They also have tons of beer on tap so enjoy. This hotel is a $6 shuttle ride to Port of Miami. Just wait outside and someone, will get you a shuttle and you're off to Port in less than 10 minutes. No reservations, it's easy. Cons...bathroom is small but the hottttt hotttt shower and amazing water pressure makes up for it. All in all, I had sweet dreams and that's all I ask for when away from my own bed. Book it.com was only $99/night.

Room Tip: Was on fifth floor city view in the corner and it was super quiet...corner rooms are the best. View...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
8 Thank VJade
Sig V, General Manager at YVE Hotel Miami, responded to this review, June 5, 2013
Dear VJade: On behalf of the team at b2 Miami downtown and the Biscayne Tavern I want to thank you for your review. I am very glad that you found our property and amenities heaven-like, and even happier that you received outstanding service from Kevin, one of our very best.

As you pointed out, we have a pretty unique property that combines a chic approach at a value, located right in the heart of downtown Miami. I hope to welcome you back soon, and please ask for me at check in so I can meet you in person.

Until then, b well!

Boynton Beach, Florida
Reviewed May 28, 2013

We went to Bayside, in Miami, for Memorial Day. The B2 is directly across the street. So for as overnight quick stay, this place is great. Cheap but has good quality to it!! Rooms are typical for Miami. A bit on the smaller side. Again for an overnight or two nighter, You can't go wrong!!! Very clean and front desk was extremely nice and very helpful. So if you are looking for a great looking hotel and a great price, the B2 is the place!! You won't be disappointed!!

• Stayed May 2013
3 Thank Dax S
Sig V, General Manager at YVE Hotel Miami, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Hellol Dax S; and thank you very much for your review of b2 miami downtown. Indeed we enjoy a prime location by being right across from the Bayside Market Place, as well as the arts and entertainment district. It makes of b2 the perfect weekend getaway place.

I will be sure to share with our staff your compliments regarding our level of service and clealiness. The team and I look forward to welcoming you back to Miami, after all it's where you should b2.

B well!

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 23, 2013

This place has been very recently renovated, which was pretty much complete by the time we stayed there. The room had a big comfy bed and a good shower, but although we booked a City View room, there was only a tall narrow window overlooking one building. It is in a good location in downtown for public transport, near to American Airlines Arena and by the Bayside mall. We didn’t think the area behind it was too appealing however. The restaurant downstairs did decent food and drinks too. It still seemed to have some teething problems – the fire alarms kept going off and check-in queues were long. I think this was mainly due to their check-in time of 4pm, even though check out is 12pm, meaning a lot of people are waiting around. Even at 4pm our room still wasn’t ready (although they did offer us a free drink). But overall it was good value for money and I would stay there again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Sig V, General Manager at YVE Hotel Miami, responded to this review, May 30, 2013
Good afternoon LeahandTom:

I am delighted to hear of your experience at our new b2 miami downtown. You are correct, our transformation is nearly finished, with only final touches to the exterior left, and we could not be more excited about it. Our apologies for the fire alarms as you must have been staying over the day we were doing one of the final tests. Thank you for your comments regarding our Blissful Bed®; it was designed especially for B Hotels and Resorts® and guests such as yourself can’t stop raving about it.

Please know that all your feedback is well received and will be used to fine tune the operation as a whole. I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to Miami, where you should b2!

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed May 20, 2013

My bf and I went on a cruise last week and decided to stay in Miami the night before our ship sailed. We have been planning this trip for a while so I have been searching group buying sites like Groupon and Travelzoo for any hotel deals. I came across a deal for this hotel for $99 including breakfast, so, it was obviously a no brainer and I decided to book a room. We got to the hotel around midnight, the lady at the reception desk was very nice. She was able to answer all my questions regarding late check out, what time the restaurant opens for breakfast, free wifi, etc. We were assigned in room 1116 and we couldn't find it at first because the hotel room layout was kind of weird. The room was kind of in the back and had it's own little hallway. Anyway, the room was small but clean. I don't have pictures but I remember seeing a blow dryer, iron/iron board, safe in the closet, extra towels, and toiletries in the bathroom. The 42" flat screen TV kept us entertained while we wait for our delivery (no room service, we ordered sub sandwiches from an Italian restaurant near by). The king bed was comfortable and the sheets were soft and clean.

The next day, we woke up around 9am and went down to Biscayne Tavern to eat breakfast. As I mentioned earlier, we received free breakfast buffet vouchers upon checking in. The food was pretty good! They had a good spread including french toast, different kinds of bread, sausages, bacon, fluffy scrambled eggs, and fruit. I enjoyed it so much that I forgot to ask the price for the buffet.

After breakfast, my bf decided he wanted to bring another pair of swimming trunks for our cruise. Good thing the B2 was right across the Bayside Marketplace, it took us less than 30 minutes to walk to the shop, buy a pair of swimming shorts and walk back to the hotel. Also, as many cruisers know, cruise company allows passengers to bring sodas/water/bottle of wine or champagne on embarkation day. It was really convenient that B2 was right across a CVS store. We purchased all our last minute necessities there, walked back up to the room and packed everything before noon.

Upon checking out, I asked if cabs were easy to come by in the area beacuse we need a ride to go to the Port of Miami. The receptionist said they offer a shuttle service that takes guests to the Port for $6/passenger. We said ok, we'll do that and she instructed us to wait in the lobby for the driver. We waited for about 5 minutes and the female driver arrived. She led us to the van, WE loaded our bags to the shuttle, and off we go! The drive to the Port was less than 10 minutes. She dropped us off to the wrong side of the Port though. Good thing one of the porters noticed the luggage tags on our bags and directed us to the correct building. I gave her $12 for the fare but she told me, "it does not include tax and TIP!" I have no problems giving tips to people who do their job well, but just make her leave, I just gave her $2. End of story. Room for improvement here. The Port was so close that taking a taxi shouldn't be a problem either... and maybe cheaper and faster.

Over all, I think it was a good place to stay before going on a cruise. I just wished there was some kind of room service to make it perfect. I would stay here again even without the promotional deal. But I'll consider taking a cab to the Port.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank 702forever
Greetings from b2!; It's really great to hear from seasoned travelers such as yourself as you share your experience while at our new b2 Miami. I am very glad you found the property to not only have great staff but also be priced reasonably.

Please know that all your feedback is well received, and we will be emphasizing our in-room dinning offering during the check-in process so guests are aware of it. Our room service is provided by our signature restaurant, the Biscayne Tavern, and it really elevates the theme of comfort food to a new level.

I look forward to seeing you again back in Miami, where you should b2!