“A truly special way to celebrate a romantic occasion!”
Review of Miami by Sail

Miami by Sail
More attraction details
Owner description: Sail like a star aboard this 2014 Oceanis 48: modern, spacious, and luxurious sailboat. Private sailing tours for a unique and comfortable journey Miami by Sail offers daily private sailing tours tailored to our guests' specific interests.Your licensed Captain, who holds a USCG 50 Ton Master and Sailing Endorsement, will host you on his impeccably maintained sailboat, in comfort and excellent performance.
Reviewed September 4, 2014

I took my boyfriend on a sunset/dinner cruise with Captain Ramos and his wife (and fabulous chef!) Kamala for his birthday. I booked at the last minute, and Captain Ramos was very accommodating with his schedule, and prompt in responding to my e-mails. We went on a day in June when the rain lasted a little bit later into the evening than had originally been forecasted. Again, Captain Ramos was very flexible and gave us the option of sailing later in the evening (we were lucky and the rain stopped right at our original sailing time, but I have no doubt it would have worked out anyway).
The boat was absolutely stunning. The "Cadillac of sailing yachts," in my boyfriends words. Everything was just impeccable - brand new, and sparkling clean. Our favourite spot was on the front of the boat, where they had two seats set up for us to watch the sunset and take in the views. The Miami skyline at sunset is just breathtaking, and the twinkling lights after dark are simply magical. We even saw some porpoises swimming alongside the boat. And the dinner! We ordered the ceviche to start, and the bacon-wrapped scallops as our main course. Everything was out of this world, and Kamala was kind enough to share her cooking tips - we've already attempted to replicate the meal at home!
We very much enjoyed spending time with Captain Ramos and Kamala - they were attentive and knew when to offer us privacy, but we preferred their company and hearing about their many sailing experiences. What could have been an awkward experience (spending an evening on a boat with complete strangers) felt more like an evening with old friends. Throughout, they made it clear that the sail was our experience, and we were able to completely plan the course of our evening (when to dock for dinner, where, whether we wanted to swim off the boat, whether we wanted to play our own music... everything!).
I really can't say enough about it. It was an expensive evening (although very reasonably priced, as compared with their competitors), but it was absolutely worth every cent. I could babble on forever about how wonderful the whole experience is, but the moral of the story is: this is a must-do activity in Miami! BOOK NOW!!!

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
All reviews
in 2 reviews
"dolphins"
in 2 reviews

Reviewed September 3, 2014

We had an out of this world spectacular day with Captain Ramos and his lovely wife Kamala. We (group of 6 friends from NYC) enjoyed every minute of our gorgeous 4hrs sailing experience in the Biscayne Bay. Sitting in the amazing seats up front was soo relaxing, looking out over the Miami skyline, watching dolphins swim/jump up right near us. We listened to our own music via the amazing sound system on board, had our own picnic lunch at the perfectly set table for 6 and drank our own wine we brought on board. We also enjoyed lovely and inspiring chats with the Captain and Kamala while having their delicious manchego cheese, crackers and grapes. Later in the afternoon we anchored the boat and went swimming right of the perfect swimming/sun-bathing deck on the back of the boat. Kamala and Israel provided tons of fun floating devices and snorkel gear. The sailboat itself is brand new, very spacious, wide and has a very high-end and luxurious feel.
We had a total blast on board, Thank You 'Miami by Sail' for an unforgettable and awesome day!

Reviewed July 23, 2014

I love the ocean and surprises! I surprised my boyfriend with a sailing trip! It was a beautiful day out at sea...we had the most romantic amazing day. The sail boat was absolutely gorgeous and Captain Ramos was incredibly gracious...he made sure that every second on the sail boat was quaint and enjoyable. We also enjoyed a delicious tray of "manchego cheese & grapes" served with Italian crackers. We definitely will sail again next year with Captain Ramos! So if you love the ocean, sailing and nice romantic getaways this sailing trip is a must for you!

Ana Menedez

1  Thank Ana M
Reviewed July 22, 2014

Our group of six adults had a fantastic time with our gracious hosts Captain Ramos and Kamala last Saturday July 19. Their boat is exceptionally beautiful and I love the seats they put up front on the bow. We sailed for a while and had snacks then went swimming in a little cove. The weather held off til the end of the trip thankfully (it rains a lot in Miami this time of year.) I couldn't have asked for anything more.