“Very Good Airport Restaurant”
Review of Sushi Maki

Sushi Maki
Ranked #227 of 4,189 Restaurants in Miami
Cuisines: Japanese, Sushi, Asian
Good for: Kids, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: Spreading the joy of what great sushi should be; delicious, responsibly sourced ingredients, creative and tasty combinations and an experience you want to have again and again.
Gold Coast
“Very Good Airport Restaurant”
Reviewed April 12, 2013

Ok, you've paid for your plane ticket, got your pass to the Admiral's Club Lounge but the food there is not so good. Why not head down to Sushi Maki. I understand from some of the other reviews it is a bit hit and miss as far as service goes. However, the restaurant is completely open: if the staff don't look inviting go back to the Admiral's Lounge. This place is not cheap but you do have the option of wavering the 18% auto gratuity if you are not happy. Always read the fine print. My sashimis unagi and tako were tasty and fresh. My wife enjoyed her edamane and tofu. I was still hungry so I had the sashimi salmon which was also pretty nice.

• Visited March 2013

Chicago
“Shockingly good sushi, especially for an airport”
Reviewed March 28, 2013

This is the best airport restaurant I've been in -- better than Wolfgang Puck and on a par (taste-wise) with getting lobster rolls at Boston Logan. Go for the sushi tacos and maybe some maki. Service was quick and attentive, and the rolls, tacos and udon were all great.

• Visited March 2013
Barataria, Saint George, Trinidad and Tobago
“Healthy eating on the go”
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Food and service were good, restaurant was clean. The staff was very attentive. I was in a hurry so I stuck with items I was accustomed to. I really enjoyed the spicy edamame. In future if I have to dine at Miami International Airport, I'll be dining here.

• Visited December 2012
St. Croix
“Avocado sushi??????”
Reviewed January 16, 2013

When I walked into the restaurant at 6pm, staff was huddled around the front...not very welcoming, and talking...rapidly in Spanish to each other so guess who just sat there?
Finally the one waitress that saw my exasperation decided she should serve us.
At this point , I can only eat soft fish and I ordered the Sushi platter. 9 pieces, chef's choice
(I hate this because you never know what you are going to get, unless you pay the extorion fee of sushi a la carte). so i told her i could only eat soft fish. Previous sushi chefs there made me great platters. The platter came with 3 pieces of imitation crab ($2,25/piece)(which I hate), 3 snapper($2.75/piece) and no yellowtail ($3.50/piece). I sent it back and told them 3 pieces of crab? no yellowtail Really??? So it came back with one less crab, one more snapper...again i sent it back and then it came back with AVOCADO SUSHI! Has anyone had avocado sushi?(not even on the menu) told them i was done, sent it back and asked for the check for the items we ate. NO recourse, no, "would you like something else?". When I told the manager I had great service with another chef, he said...that's why he longer works here. NICE JOB Javier.

Not only will lthey lose these 2 customers, I am a frequent traveler with lots of contacts and travel through Miami often. Too bad this particular Sushi Maki was too cheap to put yellowtail on the platter.

• Visited January 2013
Oregon
“good value for airport sushi”
Reviewed December 31, 2012

We only eat at airport restaurants if we are really hungry, as they are usually so overpriced. But this place was a nice surprise. It was still expensive, but not much more than you would expect to pay at any nice sushi restaurant. We were there Christmas Day, and the staff couldn't have been nicer. We had some delicious tuna rolls and some of the best spring rolls I've ever tasted.

• Visited December 2012

Been to Sushi Maki? Share your experiences!