Book In Advance
Tours from Mark the Shark tend to sell out - travelers recommend booking in advance!
Why Book on TripAdvisor?
  • Tour highlights & full itinerary
  • Easy online booking
  • Lowest price guaranteed
More Information

Recommended experiences in and around Miami
from $38.00
from $27.99
from $155.00
from $94.99
More Info
All reviews fishing trip mate ryan tiger shark bachelor party these guys deep sea fishing go fishing hammer head great fishing big sailfish deck hand beautiful sailfish catch fish rooster fish caught sailfish live bait great trip
Selected filters
Reviewed 1 week ago

I’ve held my tongue long enough but in fairness to those who are about to be suckered in by his deceitful ploy of advertisement I feel I owe you some insight to who and what this man really is. My sons dream was to catch a Tiger Shark or Hammerhead Shark. He is special needs but lived and breathed his passion of fishing and hoping to realize his dream when we reached out to Mark The Shark. I was very specific in asking what the most favorable time would be to plan this trip. He assured me a particular time was more favorable and we moved forward with planning the trip my son had always dreamed of. We booked two full days for just us (myself, husband, son, niece). My son would be the only fisherman as this trip was entirely about him and for him.
How utterly shocked to board and be told the fishing has been terrible for months and nothing is being caught due algae. Wow, he said it was GREAT fishing right now! My son sold his boat for this trip! We live in California and had to fly out to Florida. Oh... My niece who gets terribly sea sick but loved her cousin enough to be there to share in this special trip. She takes Meclazine, Bonine, and wears the Scopolamine patch. Still, she gets it bad. Yep, he felt the need to utterly shame her by posting a picture of her on his page being sick! I cannot comprehend the humor in this! The gratuity is charged without consult! Automatic to your card. Definitely not earned, just charged. The deck hand spends every day smoking cigarettes and drinking beer while working! The ultimate is Mark posting not one but two sail fish caught while we were there which NEVER happened! All from pictures years ago. Yes, we were suckered in by his
posts that were falsely presented! Fishing is fishing and there are never guarantees, but to ride on a fantasy wave of pretense at the expense of my son is wrong on so many levels! Buyer beware!!! He’s a crook!!!

Date of experience: January 2019
2  Thank LoraBowen
Mark S, Owner at Mark the Shark, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Your review does have a few truths in it...one being you were in Florida and the other was you were on our boat...other than that not much !
To begin with we NEVER tell our clients that they will catch a monster shark on any charter, it just not possible. We had caught big fish on our boat just the day before and the day after you left. Guess that speaks volumes in itself but that's another story. We NEVER post any pictures from a year prior..thats a joke ! Our crew works hard every trip and its an insult to say they don't deserve the normal gratuity that most rational people give regardless of what they catch. To blame us for not catching any big fish is totally ridiculous but shows what kind of person you are. As far as your niece the real reason she was shamed on social media was because of her appearance with a flat top crew cut and tattoos of over her body making her look nothing like a girl ! Wasn't that her intentions anyway??
You also forgot to mention how we arranged to get you an almost "COMP" 3 bedroom condo at the HILTON !
In addition we gave you 25% off our charter rate . I think YOU may be in a fantasy world and maybe fishing isn't really for you.

Reviewed 1 week ago

I took my three kids on a half day trip with Mark. They had an amazing time fishing with him. He was a very knowledgable and kind person. He was great! we even got lucky enough to catch a twelve foot Hammerhead shark. We highly recommend Mark the Shark for an amazing adventure, forever to be remembered.

Date of experience: July 2019
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Great trip! Started off with a shark that came off after fighting for about half an hour. Finished with a sailfish!

Date of experience: June 2019
Reviewed June 17, 2019

Had a great time with Mark fishing with my son and brother. We caught two snapper and a sand shark. We will never forget my son fighting the shark in the chair. Has a cooler with ice to put your drinks and food in. Definitely need to experience. Thanks Mark!

Date of experience: June 2019
Reviewed April 6, 2019 via mobile

Awesome time fishing with Mark as alway's for the last 8 yrs! Almost every trip we have caught a shark, or sailfish and some other fish. Very rare do we not catch anything that depends on the weather and water, time of year with the jet stream. Not a boat for sissys!! If you have don't have a sense of humor do not go!! Mark the sharks boat is for fun people only, that like to fish not be on their phones all day! If your in for good laughs, memories made, and a moose on da wire then he is your guy! Do not bring bananas or wear guy harvey shirts. And BRING BEER! RULES of the boat! Lol

Date of experience: April 2019
Reviewed April 1, 2019 via mobile

Went out with mark last weekend for my bachelor party. Both captain and crew were extremely personable and knowledgeable. Loved the crews sense of humor and professionalism. We ended up with a few cobia for dinner and a big bull shark on the wire. Would not hesitate to book a trip !

Date of experience: April 2019