“Great hang out”

Lagniappe
Ranked #79 of 4,189 Restaurants in Miami
Cuisines: Wine Bar
Good for: Large groups, Bar scene
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Drinks, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Wheelchair Accessible
“Great hang out”
Reviewed November 24, 2013 via mobile

I drove around and found thus in my neighborhood, excellent for good music, wine, cheese and cold cuts specially the wine for what they charge is extremely affordable for a great bottle.

Miami, Florida, USA
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“New Orleans Style Fun in Miami”
Reviewed October 22, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

I'm a sucker for something original. If there's any place anything like this anywhere in Miami, I wouldn't know it.

When I first came to Lagniappe, the moment I stepped into the backyard I was blown away. I felt like I had been transported back to New Orleans, where my mardi gras companions and I stumbled upon this amazing jazz bar that we loved so much we went twice over that weekend. I believe Lagniappe has a live Jazz band playing Thursday through Saturday (maybe Wednesdays and Sundays too?) and they're great.

Even though the Jazz is almost enough to keep me coming back for more, this concept really succeeds on all fronts. At Lagniappe you step up the counter inside and order your beer/wine/food at the counter. They have a pretty nice selection of reasonably priced wines, lots of meats and cheeses, and a few entree items that are cooked on the BBQ out back. Then you go out into the backyard to sit at one of many kitschy mismatched tables. I say backyard because that's exactly what it feels like. A big unpaved lot with strung up christmas lights, a small stage, and a man helming the barbecue. It looks like the kind of party you'd have at home, if you could ever be so cool a host.

The BFF who I was with summed it up perfectly. She said "it feels like just hanging out having drinks at our house...except much better."

Expect to feel really comfortable - and enjoy great food, music, and drinks without breaking the bank.

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Leilani D
Miami Beach, Florida, USA
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Best wine bar”
Reviewed October 22, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

It's super cool place. I love the ambiance over there. You can find a large choice of wine. They sale also some cheese and charcuterie platter.
Every night you have a live jazz concert.
For me, it's the real Miami.

Visited October 2013
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“Best unique experience”
Reviewed July 18, 2013

This is the most relaxing place to wind down and expend some quality time with you couple or friends. There are two ambiances, indoors with sofas and outdoors with tables and chair. Music is on the soft side, jazzy, which for me is great. The food while not too many choices is good. Since I like tapas, we went for the cheeses and meats. Basically to go to the fridge in front pick the pieces you want a bottle of wine (this part is self-serve). Then you give them your picks and they open the food and serve it with warm bread.....great.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank alexppg
Miami, Florida
“Lovely departure from typical Miami locales. Great place to listen to music and enjoy the outdoor space.”
Reviewed May 30, 2013

Unique space, designed with love and an artistic eye. Refreshing change from some of the more commercial and plastic choices in Miami. THE OUTDOOR SPACE IS AMAZING! Great to come with friends to listen to music or on a date. One of my favorite new spots. Very homey, warm and welcoming.

• Visited May 2013