“Great concept … but… 😳”

Ranked #138 of 4,202 Restaurants in Miami
Cuisines: American, German
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Outdoor Seating
Description: A Wynwood original. We serve everything from hand stuffed sausages to top shelf porter house steaks. Come in a group of 50 or come by yourself and enjoy the atmosphere and great conversations. We have one of the largest draft systems in Miami with one of the best rotating beer menus you will find in the entire state. If you like meat and beer... We have you covered.
Chicago, Illinois
“Great concept … but… 😳”
Reviewed March 2, 2014 via mobile

Great atmosphere, location and layout. Great wynwood wheat beer …everything else = so-so. I've mentioned the good stuff now here's the mediocre…communal style seating was super uncomfortable, our medium steak and burger arrived well done and cold. Pretty much all the apps and any hot food came out cold. This is such a good spot just can't understand why things like the steak was still delivered when it was CLEARLY not cooked the way it was ordered.

Wanted to try something new but was disappointed. Would rather go to pride and joy a bit further down the way.

Sorry butcher shop. I guess the name just doesn't live up to expectations.

common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great atmosphere”
Reviewed March 1, 2014 via mobile

Went for Valentine's day with my honey, had two martini's with blue cheese filled olives (awesome), the butcher salad with chicken was great & fresh. We shared an order of Mongolian wings, the sauce is everything. This spot is nice, parking not the best... The busboy kept circling the tables waiting to pic up plates, slightly annoying. Overall I enjoyed myself.

Visited February 2014
1 Thank S W
“Worst service”
Reviewed January 3, 2014 via mobile

I went there with my girlfriend. They told me that the waiting is 10 minutes. After 35 minutes, when i asked them about my table the hostess told me to wait little more. In short, i waited more than 1 hour to be seated and left without having my table. Nobody was interested with us. They were rude aswell. Worst experience!!!

Visited December 2013
1 Thank Brunota
Miami, Florida
“Great Place to Chilling”
Reviewed January 1, 2014

This place is great for the combination of food and beers. The have a great selection of quality sandwiches and sausages. Also they have good craft beers on tap. The staff is friendly although sometimes they a some kind of slow. If you are not in a hurry and want to chill for a while, visit the Butcher Shop located in the heart of Wynwood District.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank Tim M
“So much potential but disappointing!”
Reviewed December 28, 2013 via mobile

The atmosphere and location and overall restaurant look and feel is extremely hip and cool. Beer is obviously good here. However food was mediocre at best. Came out cold and very average. Service was slow and horrible. Watched our waiter just walk around a talked to other servers while we had just ordered 1 beer? Not sure what's going on here but it's obviouslyy poorly managed or someone really needs to get some help whipping this place into shape.

• Visited December 2013