“zoological wildlife foundation--very good but it is a factory”

Zoological Wildlife Foundation
Ranked #3 of 365 things to do in Miami
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: ZWF Miami is the only zoo in South Florida with as many animal encounters. We carry more than 40 exotic species at our facility with many available for interactive activities involving our guests. The five acre zoo houses everything from domestic animals and primates to large predatory birds and mammals. Some of our popular selection of exotic zoo animals are Chimpanzees, Gibbon Apes, Sloths, Lemurs, Owls, Snakes, Anteater, Lions Cub, Snow Leopards, Tiger Cubs, Ligers, Black Jaguar, Lynx, Serval and mischievous Capuchin monkeys - like those used in many movies. The Zoological Wildlife Foundation offers intimate tours and private encounters by appointment. Contact us to schedule a special tour with our exotic animals! It's an experience you will never forget. Tours must be prepaid and booked in advance in order to guarantee your desired date and time. DIRECTIONS: Please use these directions. GPS tends to send our travelers via a dirt road. Take the FLORIDA TURNPIKE and EXIT on Eureka Drive, 184th Street headed WEST Make a RIGHT on Eureka Drive and head down to Krome Avenue, 177th Avenue Make a RIGHT heading North to 160th Street Make a RIGHT heading East for half mile to 172nd Avenue Make a RIGHT on 172nd Avenue We are on the left side about a half block down
Reviewed June 30, 2014

very good impression about guide-young woman, but one hour tour for 120 usd per person only looking foranimals, giving them food and taking a foto with some of them -not worth it.
taking photo with young tiger for additional 40 usd dont do it

3  Thank joanna z
Maria T, Manager at Zoological Wildlife Foundation, responded to this reviewResponded July 1, 2014

Thank you for your recent review. We do regret to hear that you were not completely satisfied with your visit. What ZWF offers is a personal, engaging, interactive, and unique experience with the animals at our grounds, which gives you the opportunity to interact with animals that you are in turn aiding to have a better life at our foundation. Since we are a privately owned facility, we rely on our tour visits in order to maintain our grounds and provide care to our animals. Each tour package purchased at Zoological Wildlife Foundation helps to provide a wonderful life to the animals living here.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,174)
All reviews
in 27 reviews
"private zoo"
in 12 reviews

Reviewed June 29, 2014

Ally, our tour guide was wonderful and really took her time with us and each animal. Loved feeding the primates and baby tigers. Something my teenage daughter and I will never forget.

2  Thank Cmckeon30
Maria T, Manager at Zoological Wildlife Foundation, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2014

Thank you kindly for your recent review. We appreciate your kind words about our staff and about your experience at our facility. We hope you may keep us in mind for a future visit!

Reviewed June 29, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I purchased the 3 hour tour and although this was definitely a splurge, it was well worth every dollar since I'm an animal lover and always wanted to do this kind of thing and finally had the opportunity. We had our very own guide, Janice and a golf cart all to ourselves and she made us feel very special and comfortable the entire time. You can tell the animals adore her by the way they respond to her when she approached their habitat. For me, getting up close and personal with the animals was the most amazing part and nothing like you experience with most other zoo visits. The highlight for the hubby and I was of course those baby tiger cubs, oh so adorable. In short well worth the car rental for the trip out there from the beach and memories I will never ever forget! Thank you for making my day that day, Made my birthday week that much more special, I hope I am able to return one day.

Maria T, Manager at Zoological Wildlife Foundation, responded to this reviewResponded June 30, 2014

We appreciate your recent review of your experience, and thank you for your acknowledgement of our knowledgeable and friendly staff. We love to hear visitors’ feedback about their experience so that we may continue to provide outstanding service and unique encounters! It gives us great joy to know that we have provided yet another satisfactory tour experience.

Reviewed June 26, 2014

Had the tiger experience. Absolutely amazing and interactive experience. Got some amazing pictures with so many animals. Our guide let us hold so many animals. The only downside was the mosquitos!

1  Thank Temi A

Thank you for visiting us! We are glad you enjoyed your visit to our foundation. We appreciate your recent visit, as it has aided in the upkeep of our animals and facility.