“What a great experience”

Zoological Wildlife Foundation
Ranked #6 of 351 things to do in Miami
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: ZWF Miami is the only zoo in South Florida with as many animal encounters. We carry more than 40 exotic species at our facility with many available for interactive activities involving our guests. The five acre zoo houses everything from domestic animals and primates to large predatory birds and mammals. Some of our popular selection of exotic zoo animals are Chimpanzees, Gibbon Apes, Sloths, Lemurs, Owls, Snakes, Anteater, Lions Cub, Snow Leopards, Tiger Cubs, Ligers, Black Jaguar, Lynx, Serval and mischievous Capuchin monkeys - like those used in many movies. The Zoological Wildlife Foundation offers intimate tours and private encounters by appointment. Contact us to schedule a special tour with our exotic animals! It's an experience you will never forget. Tours must be prepaid and booked in advance in order to guarantee your desired date and time. DIRECTIONS: Please use these directions. GPS tends to send our travelers via a dirt road. Take the FLORIDA TURNPIKE and EXIT on Eureka Drive, 184th Street headed WEST Make a RIGHT on Eureka Drive and head down to Krome Avenue, 177th Avenue Make a RIGHT heading North to 160th Street Make a RIGHT heading East for half mile to 172nd Avenue Make a RIGHT on 172nd Avenue We are on the left side about a half block down
Reviewed November 26, 2013

What a great two hours. I know they are a foundation but our visit was like we were visiting a private zoo. Jordan our tour guide was fantastic. Our kids 14 and 11 absolutely loved it. In addition to the standard tour, we did the sloth experience as well as the tiger experience. There was a slight mis-communication with which experience we had signed up for so Jordan and the park handled it perfectly. We had signed up for the tiger/cat experience but we were shown the primate experience which was also outstanding. When I brought the confusion to Jordan's attention, he handled it professionally, checked with the office and off we went to the tiger experience.

While it is expensive, it was well worth it. We went on after our visit to have lunch in the Keys which is only 45 minutes away from the park.

Thanks again Jordan and the Zoological Foundation for a great afternoon.

There are newer reviews for Zoological Wildlife Foundation

Reviewed November 22, 2013

This was such an awesome experience. My wife and I love animals, but never thought that we would be able to have such intimate interactions with ones that are considered to be wild. We actually got to bottle feed a tiger cub!! What an amazing once in a lifetime opportunity that was! I would recommend this attraction to any animal lover who is in the Miami area. The few hours you get with the animals will truly be time and money well spent. Our tour guide, Andrea, was the best. She was knowledgeable, and her passion for the well being of each animal was clearly evident. We will never forget this experience.

Reviewed November 19, 2013 via mobile

This place is AWESOME. I advise you to visit if you're in the area...the private tour is outstanding,the obvious connection between the tour guide/ animal keeper is just great,the affection was mutual for them.(Andrea did a great job) The cute little doggie "tour guides" just add to the atmosphere here,the opportunity to see and even touch so many exotic animals was mind-blowing...the tiger cub encounter was likewise great,what a thrill. Worth every penny,I want to visit again!

1  Thank hsmamatotwo
Maria T, Manager at Zoological Wildlife Foundation, responded to this reviewResponded November 21, 2013

Thanks for the support! We strive to educate our guests about our animals to promote wildlife conservation. We work closely with our animal residents and care for them to the upmost of our ability; Andrea is an exceptional example of this! These creatures need the help of man in order to survive! ZWF believes our hands on encounter method of education will leave a lasting impression on our guests. We hope it carries over to support any needs necessary to continue this practice and protect all animals in the wild.

Reviewed November 3, 2013

This is a must do if you go to Miami! We visited in the off season and so we got a private tour for an hour and got to pet so many animals and even hold several different baby animals - a monkey, fox, & lemur! Definitely the highlight of my trip to Miami. I can see why this is the #1 thing to do on Tripadvisor!

It is a little hard to find and a little expensive but is well worth the money! Would recommend to anyone going to Miami! Great tour guides and amazing animals!

3  Thank Courtney A
Reviewed November 2, 2013

Okay, for anyone that has doubts about this place or is debating on whether to go, leave it all at the door. This place is sure to impress you animal lovers on a whole new level. I am an animal enthusiast and when I saw that you get close encounters with exotic animals, I was sold. When I got there, I was blown away. Yes, this place is on someone's privately owned property, but that gives you encounters that typical zoos would NEVER allow. Let's put it this way... My husband and I got to hold (an play with) a lemur, a red fox, a Capuchin monkey, some other kind of monkey and a BABY TIGER. I had a monkey hold my hand, got to touch a bear cat and feed a camel. I even had a toucan grab a blueberry from my mouth! I was lucky enough to catch the Tigers' feeding time and got to hear them roar and watch them eat. Also, our tour guide, Andrea, was truly amazing at her job. You can tell she had a passion for animals and a passion for giving customers the absolute best time for their money. Andrea added such a personal touch that we will never forget! If you go to the Zoological Wildlife Foundation, ask for her if you can because you'll for sure have an excellent time. Since our experience I have told like 20 people about this place and would most certainly come back. Worth EVERY penny! Don't be afraid to spend extra money on additions like the baby tiger, because it's worth it. We only did the additional 15 minutes baby tiger experience, but I am sure the other additions are just as awesome. Thanks for reading my review, have a great day!

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
2  Thank Kelsey M

I am touched by your review as it is exactly what we strive to deliver to our guests! We wish you will never forget your experience at ZWF and it carries over to help support earth's wonderful wildlife. Andrea has been with us for years and her love for the animals is apparent. We regret you had some trouble locating us but for anyone needing assistance doing so, please call us and we will gladly direct you… Unfortunately even some GPS platforms will send guests in the wrong direction.