WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Zoological Wildlife Foundation

Zoological Wildlife Foundation
Ranked #5 of 322 things to do in Miami
More attraction details
Owner description: ZWF Miami is the only zoo in South Florida with as many animal encounters. We carry more than 20 of exotic species at our facility with many available for interactive activities involving our guests. The five acre zoo houses everything from domestic animals and primates to large predatory birds and mammals. Some of our popular selection of exotic zoo animals are Gibbon Apes, Sloths, Lemurs, owls, snakes, Anteater, Lions, Snow Leopards, and mischievous Capuchin monkeys - like those used in many movies. The Zoological Wildlife Foundation offers intimate tours and private encounters by appointment. Contact us to schedule a special tour with our exotic animals! It's an experience you will never forget. Tours must be prepaid and booked in advance in order to guarantee your desired date and time. DIRECTIONS: Please use these directions. GPS tends to send our travelers via a dirt road. Take the FLORIDA TURNPIKE and EXIT on Eureka Drive, 184th Street headed WEST Make a RIGHT on Eureka Drive and head down to Krome Avenue, 177th Avenue Make a RIGHT heading North to 160th Street Make a RIGHT heading East for half mile to 172nd Avenue Make a RIGHT on 172nd Avenue We are on the left side about a half block down
New York City, New York
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Best place ever!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 13, 2013

This was the best vacation of my life. Staff was very friendly,helpful and knowlagable. I would defiantly go back. Just wish the big cats had more room to Rome around I felt the cages were to small for them.

2 Thank Himey J

18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 26 helpful votes
“Incredible Experience!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2013

I originally found this on trip advisor and was so excited after booking. We booked the regular tour plus 15 min tiger cub encounter. I had hoped all week that it would be what I hoped, it was SO much more. This is something I will never forget. Ally was our tour guide and she was very knowledgeable and passionate about these animals. This was not just her job, she loved it, and I have to say she has an incredible job, I'm jealous! :) the tour was private with just her and us two. She drove us around in the golf cart and showed us several fascinating animals. The most fascinating was watching the big cats run and play just like domestic cats. The part that surprised me was when one of the monkeys was reaching out to hold my hand, the look in her eyes was precious. It really took me by surprise how gentle and loving she was, I wish I remembered her name because when I come back I'd love to see her again. The time at the end with the baby cub was Unbelievable!!!! I will never forget this. To play and love on a baby cub on a couch like I'm in my living room was just surreal...she was so loving and I will cherish my phone video forever. I wish I remembered her name too, I will definitely come back and would be cool to see her grown, although I know cuddling will be off the table haha. I would highly recommend this to everyone, especially if you are an animal lover this will be a priceless time that you won't forget!

Visited September 2013
2 Thank Kelley B
“Amazing!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013

We were with our 19 month year old and he LOVED. Take the gameplay with the tiger.
We were with Andrea who was great and took amazing photos!

Visited September 2013
Moray, Scotland.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“If in Miami, this should be top of your 'to do' list”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2013

Fabulous day at the ZWF where our guide (sorry forgotten her name) was very knowledgable on all the animals we were introduced to on our visit. The interaction with the animals is something that should be experienced to appreciate the level of attention to detail required in caring for these animals and giving them an environment as close to natural inhabitat as possible. Our kids loved having interaction with the baby Gibbon as we completed the paperwork (very nice surprise to begin our day) we fed the Camels/Pecan/Monkeys and had full interaction with the baby fox and the highlight was the baby Tiger Cub which our kids have claimed to be the most amazing thing EVER!
I would highly recommend this a s a great family experience as it's very private and the guided tour (which I can't praise high enough) is very informative and professional yet the love for the animals truly evident. A MUST!!!!

Toronto, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Amazing experience, a must visit in Miami!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2013

Loved the tour and the overall experience! My daughter loved the interactions with the leemar, the baby monkey, the snow leopard cub and the tiger cub! Very nice and knowledgeable staff and she got a chance to feed the snow leopard cub! We had a great time, thanks!

1 Thank Beverly W