“Amazing hands on experience!”

Zoological Wildlife Foundation
Ranked #5 of 344 things to do in Miami
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: ZWF Miami is the only zoo in South Florida with as many animal encounters. We carry more than 40 exotic species at our facility with many available for interactive activities involving our guests. The five acre zoo houses everything from domestic animals and primates to large predatory birds and mammals. Some of our popular selection of exotic zoo animals are Gibbon Apes, Sloths, Lemurs, Owls, snakes, Anteater, Lions, Snow Leopards, Tigers, Ligers, Black Jaguar, Lynx, Serval and mischievous Capuchin monkeys - like those used in many movies. The Zoological Wildlife Foundation offers intimate tours and private encounters by appointment. Contact us to schedule a special tour with our exotic animals! It's an experience you will never forget. Tours must be prepaid and booked in advance in order to guarantee your desired date and time. DIRECTIONS: Please use these directions. GPS tends to send our travelers via a dirt road. Take the FLORIDA TURNPIKE and EXIT on Eureka Drive, 184th Street headed WEST Make a RIGHT on Eureka Drive and head down to Krome Avenue, 177th Avenue Make a RIGHT heading North to 160th Street Make a RIGHT heading East for half mile to 172nd Avenue Make a RIGHT on 172nd Avenue We are on the left side about a half block down
Minneapolis, Minnesota
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Amazing hands on experience!”
Reviewed March 5, 2013

What an experience! We went with 4 adults and were as giddy as children while interacting with the Capuchin monkeys, baby tiger and other exotic animals. This place is so well run and the care that the animals receive is top notch! The staff was very knowledgeable and the respect that they have for the animals was evident...with the animals showing love and contentment to all who came into contact with them. I would definitely recommend a visit to this remarkable sanctuary!

Visited March 2013
1 Thank Freidadarling

• Korean first
  • Turkish first
Chicago
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Most amazing wildlife experience you can have”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

To my wife and I this place was better than a safari, you can actually hold some of the baby animals. The place is amazing and the amount of animals they have saved is amazing. Though the price is steep, it is well worth it. I would highly recommend booking a tour if you are an animal lover. This place is one of a kind.

Visited January 2013
3 Thank mwierzbins
Rhode Island
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 53 helpful votes
“Amazing, must see for yourself.”
Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

Wow, I will never go to a zoo again... This experience changed the way I look at animals. I have never been so up close. This place is amazing. We had the opportunity to interact with monkeys, Tucan Sam, and a baby tiger. As well as some other animals. You are able to see everything so up close. They have a bunch of big cats, monkeys, anteater, porcupine, lambs, I may be missing some animals.

Book a tour online and pay the extra money to have the interaction with the baby tiger, a once in a lifetime experience. Jordan took us around and he is great. This may have been the best activity of our trip.

4 Thank GregRI
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Close Encounter”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

If you've ever dreamed of going on a safari, this is the next best thing! The animals are as gorgeous as you've ever imagined them and a lot closer to you than you could have ever imagined! The staff are very knowledgable and you can see that the animals love and respect them. There are so many varieties it makes it hard to find a favorite!!! It's addicting! I've gone back twice because I miss them! If ever you've dreamed of lions and tigers, this is a place you have to check out! The pelicans made it feel like a sanctuary where injured animals can come have a fresh start! I highly recommend this place for some family fun. The zoo doesn't quite give you the insight this place does! A must!!!

2 Thank Juliaruiz23
Boston, Massachusetts
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“great place for kids and adults”
Reviewed February 4, 2013

This place is a must if you have kids. My son is 2.5 and he was entertained as much as I've ever seen him being entertained, especially when we went into a monkey cage and they were climbing all over us to get the food that I was holding. He was also crazy about interacting with the gibbons there. My son even held hands with them at one point. The other great experience there was to hold a baby goat and feed its mother.
While its a must see if you have kids, I highly recommend it for adults as well. It was very entertaining for me to have monkeys climb all over me, to hold and feed a large and very beautiful bird and to play with a tiger cub.
You do need to schedule a tour ahead of time though, and don't be alarmed by the dogs who approach you when you first arrive. They are very friendly and playful.

Visited February 2013