“Most amazing wildlife experience you can have”

Zoological Wildlife Foundation
Ranked #4 of 367 things to do in Miami
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: ZWF Miami is the only zoo in South Florida with as many animal encounters. We carry more than 40 exotic species at our facility with many available for interactive activities involving our guests. The five acre zoo houses everything from domestic animals and primates to large predatory birds and mammals. Some of our popular selection of exotic zoo animals are Chimpanzees, Gibbon Apes, Sloths, Lemurs, Owls, Snakes, Anteater, Lions Cub,, Tiger Cubs, Ligers, Black Jaguar, and mischievous Capuchin monkeys - like those used in many movies. The Zoological Wildlife Foundation offers intimate tours and private encounters by appointment. Contact us to schedule a special tour with our exotic animals! It's an experience you will never forget!
Reviewed February 18, 2013

To my wife and I this place was better than a safari, you can actually hold some of the baby animals. The place is amazing and the amount of animals they have saved is amazing. Though the price is steep, it is well worth it. I would highly recommend booking a tour if you are an animal lover. This place is one of a kind.

3  Thank mwierzbins
Write a ReviewReviews (1,198)
All reviews
in 12 reviews
"close encounter"
in 17 reviews

Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

Wow, I will never go to a zoo again... This experience changed the way I look at animals. I have never been so up close. This place is amazing. We had the opportunity to interact with monkeys, Tucan Sam, and a baby tiger. As well as some other animals. You are able to see everything so up close. They have a bunch of big cats, monkeys, anteater, porcupine, lambs, I may be missing some animals.

Book a tour online and pay the extra money to have the interaction with the baby tiger, a once in a lifetime experience. Jordan took us around and he is great. This may have been the best activity of our trip.

4  Thank GregRI
Reviewed February 16, 2013

If you've ever dreamed of going on a safari, this is the next best thing! The animals are as gorgeous as you've ever imagined them and a lot closer to you than you could have ever imagined! The staff are very knowledgable and you can see that the animals love and respect them. There are so many varieties it makes it hard to find a favorite!!! It's addicting! I've gone back twice because I miss them! If ever you've dreamed of lions and tigers, this is a place you have to check out! The pelicans made it feel like a sanctuary where injured animals can come have a fresh start! I highly recommend this place for some family fun. The zoo doesn't quite give you the insight this place does! A must!!!

2  Thank Juliaruiz23
Reviewed February 4, 2013

This place is a must if you have kids. My son is 2.5 and he was entertained as much as I've ever seen him being entertained, especially when we went into a monkey cage and they were climbing all over us to get the food that I was holding. He was also crazy about interacting with the gibbons there. My son even held hands with them at one point. The other great experience there was to hold a baby goat and feed its mother.
While its a must see if you have kids, I highly recommend it for adults as well. It was very entertaining for me to have monkeys climb all over me, to hold and feed a large and very beautiful bird and to play with a tiger cub.
You do need to schedule a tour ahead of time though, and don't be alarmed by the dogs who approach you when you first arrive. They are very friendly and playful.

4  Thank Ntvk