“great place for kids and adults”

Zoological Wildlife Foundation
Ranked #4 of 367 things to do in Miami
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: ZWF Miami is the only zoo in South Florida with as many animal encounters. We carry more than 40 exotic species at our facility with many available for interactive activities involving our guests. The five acre zoo houses everything from domestic animals and primates to large predatory birds and mammals. Some of our popular selection of exotic zoo animals are Chimpanzees, Gibbon Apes, Sloths, Lemurs, Owls, Snakes, Anteater, Lions Cub,, Tiger Cubs, Ligers, Black Jaguar, and mischievous Capuchin monkeys - like those used in many movies. The Zoological Wildlife Foundation offers intimate tours and private encounters by appointment. Contact us to schedule a special tour with our exotic animals! It's an experience you will never forget!
Reviewed February 4, 2013

This place is a must if you have kids. My son is 2.5 and he was entertained as much as I've ever seen him being entertained, especially when we went into a monkey cage and they were climbing all over us to get the food that I was holding. He was also crazy about interacting with the gibbons there. My son even held hands with them at one point. The other great experience there was to hold a baby goat and feed its mother.
While its a must see if you have kids, I highly recommend it for adults as well. It was very entertaining for me to have monkeys climb all over me, to hold and feed a large and very beautiful bird and to play with a tiger cub.
You do need to schedule a tour ahead of time though, and don't be alarmed by the dogs who approach you when you first arrive. They are very friendly and playful.

4  Thank Ntvk
Write a ReviewReviews (1,198)
All reviews
in 12 reviews
"close encounter"
in 17 reviews

Reviewed February 2, 2013

i have been to the zoo before and although it was fun, this place was way cooler because you can actually tell the animals are happy in their surrounding. Everyone that works there seems to know what they are talking about and really cares about the animals well being as well as the safety of those who are visiting. At the zoo you feel bad for the animals but here I did not. I would definitely go back again!

6  Thank GiselJuliaSaumat
Reviewed January 26, 2013

up close and personal with some amazing animals and people who really care about them! Everything was very clean!

2  Thank amargrav
Reviewed January 25, 2013

Went there yesterday with my friend and had an amazing time and experience with beaitiful animals. I got to feed the gibbons, toucan and sloth. Played with a baby anteater, snow leopard and baby tiger. Also got a full tour of their facility and saw ligers! Munchie was an amazing tour guide really taught us a lot about the animals. Definitely a once in a life time experience! Thank you to Maria and Mario for being so nice and letting us be apart of zwf for a day! def. will be back in the future.

3  Thank felines4life
See more reviews
Reviewed January 24, 2013

This place is amazing!!!! Went there today with my friend and myself. Blown away. The place is so clean!! I want to thank Mario and Maria the owners as well as our tour guide "munchie" and Morgan for an unforgettable tour. Still can't wipe the smile off my face. I got to cuddle gibbons, an anteater, a binterong, a tiger cub, a snow leopard a sloth and a full grown tiger named Titan. Again thank you thank you. Please visit this place!!! So worth it !!!!!

2  Thank Sabrina2243